Why Guy Best Friends Make Some Of The Best Friends You Can Have

11 Reasons Guy Best Friends Are Some Of The Best Friends You Can Have

Guys are great friends to have and here is a few reasons why.

14886
Skylar Meyers

I'm so thankful to be surrounded by some really great guys in my life, but I am especially grateful for my guy best friends.

1. They are straight up with you

Don't get me wrong. I love my girl BFFs (shoutout to all of you homies!), but sometimes it takes 20 minutes for us to talk through everything before arriving at "Oh yeah, that's not good" or "Oh, he does like me."

Guys are just like, "Don't do that" or "Just reply to the man."

2. They are always down to grab food

I love that I can just call one of them up and say "Wanna grab food?" They always respond with a "Ya boi."

3. They're not afraid to make fun of you (and can usually take whatever you throw back at them) 

Well, most of them can dish it out AND take it, but I wouldn't say that's true for all...

4. They can make me laugh

Like crying on the floor laughing about the dumbest things.

5. They're really helpful when telling me if a crush is trash

This is one of the best because they're guys, and guys know guys. They offer great advice about other males and will tell me if "Nah he's trash." It saves lots of time and heartbreak, they know what they're talking about.

6. They're a good shoulder to cry on

This one is pretty great because sometimes you just need to sit and cry and while they listen.

7. Good dates to parties

There are no expectations out of the night and you can have a great time with your best friend.

8. Can always tell when something is wrong and offer advice

Maybe it's because I'm fine is used a lot, but my guy friends can tell right away if I'm having a bad day. They give pretty damn good advice as well.

9. They ask for advice

It's nice to feel like you can return the favor and it's especially fun when they ask you for girl advice.

10. Hella straight up about what you look like in your outfit

This is one of my favorites because they have no reason to lie to you about what you look like. No competition with them and they aren't just saying you look nice because they are obligated to.

11. Encouraging, funny, caring, ect

I wouldn't change my friendships with my guy best friends for the world. I am so thankful to have them all in my life.