I haven't been drunk so I haven't texted you
relationships

Sorry I Haven't Texted You Lately, I Haven't Been Drunk

What happened to respecting each other and dating in the daylight?

304
Brianna Allen

It's two a.m. and your phone vibrates just as you are finally dozing off after a night out with the girls. "who is texting me?", you ask yourself. You look and it's your ex. You really don't want to talk to him and you know exactly what he wants and it's not happening.

Against your better judgment, you decide to respond. You keep it simple with a "hey" and leave the conversation up to him. If he wants to talk to you then he should be the one to ask the questions and lead the conversation.

He asks how you are doing, and you carry some general conversation. It's getting late and you are tired and you really don't want to talk to him anymore but you're not the type of person to not respond and you don't want to be rude, because after all, you are the one that broke his heart.

Just like clockwork, the question you knew he was going to ask was asked. "Do you want to come over?" HELL NO. And, "why haven't you texted me lately?"

You could give him the short answer and just tell him that you had been busy and to buzz off but thanks to the drinks with the girls earlier in the night, you decide the long answer would be more fun.

"Well, I think it would be best if I stay at home tonight since it's already pretty late and I just got back from a night out with the girls. Haha. And sorry, I've been busy and I haven't been drinking lately."

"What? What do you mean you haven't been drinking lately?", he asks.

You realized you should have bitten your tongue but responded with, "I haven't texted you because I've been busy. I have better things to do than text an ex. I'm busy with school and work and life and making memories with my girls and quite honestly, I haven't texted you because I haven't been drunk."

Maybe that was harsh but there are so many better things you could be doing than texting an ex. After all, they are an ex for a reason and he's lucky you responded in the first place.

Why do guys (or girls for that matter) think it's okay to text someone at 2 a.m. asking to "hang out"? Everyone knows what that 2 a.m. text means, and we are all worth so much more than that.

What happened to dating and opening car doors and talking on the phone? What happened to respecting each other and dating in the DAYLIGHT?

I want nothing to do with your 2 a.m. shenanigans and I know my worth.

I think it's safe to say that dating in today's world is no fun. If you can't call me and ask me how my day was, I don't care to talk to you and if you are thinking about texting me at 2 a.m. to see if I want to come over… don't.

I think we can all agree that waking up next to someone, going on real dates, and spending time with each other's families is way better than getting a "come over" text and being asked to leave before their roommates wake up the next morning. If it's not romantic, I don't want anything to do with it.