To The Guy Best Friend Who Has Made Me A Better Person, Thank You

It has been two years since I met you and I couldn't be more grateful for all that you have done for me.
352

Dear Best Friend,

So, you always talk about when I am going to write about you. Well, here it is!

I have known you since the end of high school. And it is hard to believe that we never met before then. Our paths were close to crossing at several points in our lives. But as my mother put, we just weren't ready for each other yet. I can't help but agree with her. It all started with a group project.

Ever since then, we have always found things to talk about.

We were prom dates for our senior prom and we had an awesome time. We danced the night away with other friends around us. We didn't have a care in the world. Just having fun and getting to know one another. We supported each other through our senior theater production and all the concerts we had to perform in, even when I had three concerts and you only had one.

You got me through my senior year statistics class while you sat easily on your A in AP Stats. We got to know each other so well, you knew me like the back of your hand.

The summer before college turned out to the best summer of my life.

You introduced me to YouTube gaming channels that are hilarious, spent several adventures out and around St. Louis, and great conversation. We had several adventures around the area before we both had to leave for our separate colleges.

The adjustment was hard. We both had our own cases of homesickness and feeling overwhelmed due to a heavy workload. On my second day of college, I called you up on FaceTime in tears. You comforted me and a few days later, you did the same thing.

But we got through it together.

Since becoming your best friend, you have taught me a lot. You taught me that life is too short to care about what other people think of you. It is my life and I should be proud of who I am. You also taught me a very important lesson: Honesty is the best policy.

I know I learned this the hard way and because of that, we have had some major fights, like best friends do. You taught me that even though the truth may be hard sometimes, you have to do it no matter what. If not, it will only make things worse.

I also learned a lot from you.

I learned to not be afraid of anything. I shouldn't be afraid to say anything or stand up for myself, even if it means upsetting someone. I also learned that I can put anything I set my mind to. This past semester was a mess. Even when people told me I couldn't do it, you told me I could. You told me that if anyone could do it, it would be me.

Lastly, I learned to work hard. It is because of you pushing me to do my best my freshman year of college that has set the bar for how hard I work now and throughout my college career.

We are constantly there for one another and I know I can always rely on you for someone to talk to. With everything we have been through and all the stuff we have to put up with (including me and all my BS), you still talk to me almost every day about my life at college and comfort me on my crappiest days.

I do some really annoying, crappy things and I wonder why you still continue to be friends with me. But I am lucky to have a great friend like you.

Sincerely,

Your crazy, squirrely best friend