Your Guide To A Free St. Louis Summer

Your Guide To A Free St. Louis Summer

Your bank account will thank you

10
Your Guide To A Free St. Louis Summer
pixabay

Whether you’re spending the summer here, just visiting for a few days or already a St. Louis native, there are plenty of free activities to keep you busy. From outdoor concerts and movies, to some of the best attractions St. Louis has to offer, this list highlights a few of the countless ways you can have fun in St. Louis without spending any money.

Movie Mondays at Ballpark Village

Free outdoor movies are shown one Monday a month at Ballpark Village. Movies start at 7 p.m. See Frozen July 25th, Toy Story August 22nd or UP September 19th.

Art Museum/Outdoor Film Series

The St. Louis Art Museum in Forest Park is always free, but it also offers free movies on Fridays in July on Art Hill. The main floor of the museum stays open late on these days, and the outdoor movies begin at 9 p.m.

Missouri History Museum

Another free site in Forest Park, this museum showcases a wide range of Missouri history and was founded in 1866.

Jewel Box

This beautiful greenhouse in Forest Park has free admission on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Regular admission is only $1.

The Muny

Nearly 1,500 free seats are available on a first come, first served basis. The free seating gates open at 7 p.m. and shows start at 8:15. Shows run through August 14th.

The Magic House

Free admission for families is offered the third Friday of the month from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Whitaker Music Festival Series at the Botanical Garden

Visit the Missouri Botanical Garden for free live music Wednesdays in July. Admission is free after 5 p.m. and concerts begin at 7:30 p.m.

Gateway Festival Orchestra Concerts

Every Sunday in July, free outdoor concerts are available at the Brookings Quadrangle on the Washington University campus. The music begins at 7:30 p.m.

St. Louis Zoo

This already free attraction offers extended weekend hours during the summer, a Friday night concert series and a “Free Hour” from 8 a.m to 9 a.m. for admission to the Children’s Zoo, Conservation Carousel and Stingrays at Caribbean Cove.

St. Louis Science Center

In addition to the always free admission, The St. Louis Science Center also holds a free “Star Party” at the Planetarium on the first Friday of each month. The St. Louis Astronomical Society sets up telescopes for public viewing and members are on hand to answer questions.

Anheuser Busch Brewery Tours

Learn about brewing technology and the history of beer-making in St. Louis on a free tour of the Anheuser Busch Brewery. Samples are available for those 21 and older and extended hours are offered during the summer.