Growing Up With Siblings

Growing Up With Siblings

11 things people with siblings can relate to.

212
Growing Up With Siblings
Buzzfeed

Sib-ling.

(noun)

1. Two or more children or offspring having one or both parents in common; a brother or sister.

2. A brother or a sister for who you would die for. Even though there are times in which you would like to kill them yourself. (It just crosses your mind, but then you go back to loving them more than anything).

People who have the fortune of sharing their lives with a sibling or siblings may say it is the best thing in the world. They had someone to play with (and fight with) as a kid, they have someone to look up to or be a role model to, someone to make them smile when they are feeling down and someone that will give them the only advice they’ll listen to. They have an unconditional partner in crime and someone they will grow old with. A sibling is more that just being a brother or a sister. For all of you out there who are sharing your life with a sibling, like me, I know you’ll relate to these 11 things that describe what growing up with a sibling is really like.

1. When horseplay got a little too rough

And they started crying and you had to calm your sibling down, and you even asked them to hit you back just so they wouldn’t go tell on you, because being grounded was just not an option.

2. When you fought over the front seat of the car.

Shouting “shotgun!” was sometimes enough to win the front seat of the car. Some other times the winner was whoever came first. (However, racing to win the front seat might have resulted in another fight.)

3. When you both want to ask your parents for something, and they go ask them, but say your name instead.

We have all been through that. You and your brother or sister both want the same thing, but won’t dare ask your parents. The best solution is asking them yourself, but pretending it’s your sibling the one who’s really asking.

4. When you want to watch Netflix but it says there are too many users using the same account

And by too many users, I mean your sibling is logged in on different devices (Iphone, Ipad, Xbox…), and not necessarily using them all.

5. When you save food in the fridge for later, and then you come back for it just to find out your sibling ate it.

But whoa! Don’t you dare touch their food.

6. When you’re in the bathroom and run out of toilet paper, you know they’ll be there for you.

Because who else would you ask, really?

7. When you have to share your food with them

But secretly give them the smallest piece. Because come on, food is food, and we don’t share our food with just anyone.

8. When your younger sibling gets to do more things than you did when you were their age.

And that is just so annoying. How come you had to wait until you were 13 to have your first cellphone, but he got his at the age of 8? That right there is an example of how life's not fair.

9. When you go down to the kitchen for midnight snacks together.

Because who else would be at your house at 2:00am and up for a snack?

10. When everyone says you look alike.

But you don’t really see it. And every time someone tells you that, you can’t help but look at each other to see if you really do look alike.

11. When you start realizing your dumb sibling is actually your best friend.

Because they are always there, through thick and thin, and always will be.