15 Reasons I Wouldn't Change My Southern Lovin' Family For Nothing

From the South or raised by the South, we're a "Southern" family through and through.
65

My grandparents are from West Virginia which, compared to where we live now, is southern. And with their cute little drawls, we consider them and how we were raised very Southern.

My cousins and I have grown up "country" and we wouldn't change it for the world. There are at least fifteen other things we wouldn't change because of that.

Here they are.

1. Southern Food

Good for the soul and the taste buds. Lucky to be raised eating it.

2. Praying Before Meals

God is great, God is good, and we thank Him for this food. By His hands, let all be fed. Give us, Lord, our daily bread. Amen.

We were never taught this prayer, we just learned it from hearing it so often.

3. Hunting

Deer season, turkey season, squirrel season. We were ready for it all.

4. Country Music

Not a lot of my friends like Country music, but since I grew up with it, I love it. And I wouldn't change that.

5. Camo

No one is surprised that the majority of things you own is one of two patterns, the first being camouflage. Everything is camo pattern.

6. The Flag

What isn't camouflage has the American Flag on it. We're proud to be American's and we don't care who knows it.

7. 'Murica

We are American and we're darn proud of it. We aren't quiet about it either.

8. Fishing

We're not afraid to hook a worm or get a little dirty.

9. Camping

Bonfires, cooking over the fire, seeing the stars, long walks on gravel roads.

10. Wide Open Spaces

The city is great, don't get me wrong, but there's something about rolling hills where you sparsely see houses around that just gets me giddy. I love having acres to myself.

11. Hiking

With all the acres we have down at our hunting trailer, it's a great place to hike and explore and take in nature.

12. Bright Stars

The stars are drowned out by the lights of the city. When you get away from all of that, you can see the stars sparkle for what they truly are.

13. "Y'all"

My cousins and I might've been raised in a city, but we grew up going to our trailer in the South. Our "accents" get twangier the farther down we go. But even up north, "y'all" is a large part of our vocabulary.

14. Boots and Hats

We're usually clad in cowboy boots and hats in the summer days. That's how you get the job done.

15. Always Coming Back As One Big Family

Holidays or even just a random Tuesday night. You can see the shoes piled on Grandma's porch and know there's food waiting for you if you haven't eaten. At the end of it all, we're one big family and I wouldn't change that for the entire galaxy.