You Could Say We "LOVE" Group Love's Performance At Red Rocks

Group Love blew us away at Red Rocks!

29
Cody Schneider

Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, Colorado is a favorite of many musicians and concert seekers. Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017 Grouplove co-headlined with The Head and the Heart. In 2011, the band released an album titled Never Trust a Happy song, which came with their main hit song titled Tongue Tied. From then on, the band has released a few more albums that have featured catchy songs that fans really seem to dig.

Around 8pm, the sun was beginning to set, haze filled the stage and the energy of pure excitement began to fill the venue. Next thing we know, Hannah Hooper (female vocalist and keyboard) and Christian Zucconi (male vocalist and guitarist) came running out on the stage along with the rest of the band running to their instruments to kick off the show. All I could hear were loud shouts of fans and the loud music beginning.

To my surprise, they were more energetic than I could've expected. Hooper danced around constantly with her loose sleeves flying around with her as she danced to the rhythm of their own, passionate music. Zucconi had endless energy as well, he jumped around the stage with his slick guitar and sang his heart out. His raspy voice made you feel the sensation of pure engagement within the songs he sang, Hooper added the most beautiful tone to the songs and made it all more fulfilling.

The crowd added spectacular energy that I feel made it more comfortable for the band to let loose and rock the venue. About halfway through the show they played one of the most popular songs they've released, aka Tongue Tied. Everyone, including me, let loose and began to sing along. In front of me, a couple danced like they were 10, swinging their arms about and completely forgetting everyone and everything around them and truly tapping in to the music.

I had a new found love for the indie rock band. Grouplove did more than I ever could imagine, from having a calm moment of love and appreciation for their fans to extreme dancing and loud music filling everyone's ears and for some, tapping into a soft spot that truly hit home.

I wish them luck and pure enjoyment to fulfilling the last bit of their tour (for now) in the U.S. through Saturday, August 12th, 2017 and continuing on in Europe on Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017.

"Here is now and now is where I want to be," Grouplove.