Groping Another is Sexual Assault

Groping Another is Sexual Assault

Why Mr. Senator, why doesn't that make it sexual assault?

21
Groping Another is Sexual Assault

So far this month has had a lot of events happening, and it has some fearing for what the next four years might hold. Ever since Trump won the election, everyone is against each other. The people who you thought were your friends are now being distant from you. They act differently around you. Guys start looking at girls as sexual objects. Well, most have always been, but now we are starting to see it more in them now that they don't have to hide it. Since Trump became president, I really have to carry my pepper spray around with me everywhere I go, even in the daylight when people are around. You never know who will end up grabbing you by the genitals, and senators say it isn't sexual assault. Um, Mr. Senator, yes it is. Yes, it is sexual assault to even grab anybody by their private parts. Whether it is male or female. But now Females have to be afraid. Fathers have to be afraid that their daughters won't be touched. Mothers have to look out for anyone who grabs their daughters in public because of sick people like that.

I'm going to stand for this. I'm a college student who is trying to get by in school so I can get my degree and get a career started. But, how can I do that without having to have certain male employers having to rate me on a scale of 1-10 of how beautiful I am in order to get the job. Why should I have to compete? Why should any women or young girl in the world try to be this perfect women that has never existed? Why do they have to try so hard to be something their not? I don't want to live in a country where looks are going to be a priority in order to get a job. I don't want to live in a country where I would have to protect my young cousin from being touched inappropriately by some man who doesn't know or understand the word, "No". But, let's face it, we all live in a country where it's apparently okay to touch one another without it being sexual assault, even if it's just a person off the streets. Someone you don't even know, and you're just going to sit there and say it isn't sexual assault? That it isn't going to scar the person for life? That the person is being over dramatic? No, you shouldn't do that. I don't care if you're a Trump supporter, I don't even care if you're a Clinton supporter. But, if you believe that it is okay to sexually assault or even racially harass someone because of where they came from, you are what is wrong with our society. You are what is wrong with our country. I know that some people who read this will have taken an offense to this and may voice their opinion, but remember this, if it was your mother or daughter, or even your husband that you helped bring into this country, would you let it happen, or would you do something about it?

Everyday I face the challenges of getting up every morning hoping nothing bad happens to me or anyone in my family. I worry about my sisters, I worry about my brother who has autism. Why shouldn't I be afraid? Because we have some pretty sick people in the world who will do anything wrong.