The best places to eat grilled cheese in Philadelphia.
food

5 Philadelphia Grilled Cheese Stops You Need To Visit In Honor Of National Grilled Cheese Day

With this Friday being National Grilled Cheese Day, it is only right that you visit Philly's standout sandwich shops in order to celebrate.

166
Melt Shop Instagram Page

The most underrated holiday is upon us. This Friday, April 12th, is National Grilled Cheese Day. So, with that being said, Philly residents should know the best spots in the city to stop for a quick, delicious, cheesy bite.

Melt Shop

Melt Shop is the first stop on the list. With a strong Instagram following platform of just over 34 thousand followers, it is a Philadelphia favorite. Melt Shop's Pennsylvania location is in King of Prussia at 160 N Gulph Road, Room C262B. They are open on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and for every other day of the week they are open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

They have a wide variety menu that features fun grilled cheese sandwiches such as a "Truffle Melt", which includes Muenster, Arugula, Black Pepper, Truffle Oil on Country White bread and a "Maple Bacon" grilled cheese sandwich, which includes Maple Glazed Bacon, NY Cheddar, and Sharp Brick Spread on Country White bread.

Mac Mart

Mac Mart is next. Mac Mart has 31 thousand followers on their Instagram. They are the first and only Mac N' Cheesery in Philadelphia. They are located on 104 S. 18th Street. Their hours are Monday-Saturday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Sundays they are open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

They offer a huge selection of tasty Mac N' Cheese dishes as well as yummy grilled cheeses such as their "Return of the Mac," which is classic Mac N' Cheese sandwiched between two slices of Texas toast with melted American Cheese. This place is for all of the local cheese connoisseurs.

High Street on Market

High Street on Market gains the number three spot on the list. High Street on Market has 19 thousand followers on their Instagram. They are located at 308 Market Street and are open on Mondays from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and for the rest of the week their hours are 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

This restaurant is in the heart of Old City, and they offer what they call "The Best Grilled Cheese Ever." This sandwich includes Pa Noble cheddar and Cultured butter on roasted potato bread. They also offer nine other unique sandwich options.

Middle Child

Middle Child also makes the list. They have a follow base of seven thousand on Instagram. They are located at 248 S. 11th Street. Their hours are Tuesdays-Fridays from 7 a.m to 3 p.m. and on the weekend they are open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. They are closed on Mondays.

Their big grilled cheese sandwich is called the "Menschy," and it contains Four Cheese Grilled cheese on an Everything Bagel with butter and cream cheese. They also have their "Kid's Grilled Cheese," which is not just for kids.

Milk House

The last spot on the list is Milk House. Milk House has a base of seven thousand followers on Instagram. They have two locations. The first location is on 16th Street and JFK Blvd with hours being Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The second location is at 2996 Market Street and their hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

They have seven grilled cheese sandwiches. One being "The Philly Cheesesteak," which contains American cheese, rib eye and cartelized onion on sourdough. You can't go wrong with a cheesesteak inspired grilled cheese sandwich when you live in Philadelphia.