28 One-Liners From 'Grey's Anatomy' Women That Girls Need To Hear Before They Flatline

Shut up. Dance it out.

10041
ABC

If there's one thing almost every college girl can agree it's this: We LOVE Grey's Anatomy. We binge watch it, wait all year for it and have very strong opinions on it.

'Grey's Anatomy' is full of epic love stories, tragic endings, and terrifying situations. We've watched lives be saved, planes crash, relationships grow, and our most beloved characters die (RIP Mark Sloan). One of the best parts of Grey's is the strong female characters.

Frankly, the women of Grey-Sloan are badasses. They're unapologetically strong, unafraid to take charge and don't let anyone push them around. They are examples of what women in the workplace should aspire to be. Here are the best lines from our favorite woman at Sloan-Grey that every boss college girl needs to hear.

1. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here and don't give a damn what anyone thinks."- Cristina Yang

Everyone needs this playing in their head at all times.

2. "Don't ever date a man who can't handle your power"- Meredith Grey

Probably the best piece of advice that Meredith has ever given Zola.

3. "Don't let what he wants, eclipse what you need. He is very dreamy, but he is not the sun. You are."- Cristina Yang

Yang's final sentence on the series hit us right in the feels.

4. "So fight until you can't fight anymore. Never let go. Never give up. Never run. Never surrender. Fight the good fight. You fight even when it seems inevitable you're about to go down swinging."- Amelia Shepherd

Keep fighting the good fight. It will be worth it.

5. "Just put one foot in front of the other. Just get through the day."- Meredith Grey

Some days, your only accomplishment is that you survived. Sometimes, that has to be enough.

6. "Oh, screw beautiful. I'm brilliant. If you want to appease me, compliment my brain."- Cristina Yang

Cristina Yang takes crap from no one.

7. "There comes a point where you have to suck it up and stop whining and start living"- Callie Torres

You can't let the bad things keep you from living. You'll definitely regret it.

8. "Bad things happen, but you have to move past it. Leave it behind. The sooner, the better. Or it'll eat away at you and stop you from moving forward."- Miranda Bailey

Dr. Bailey always speaks the truth.

9. "I'm the sun, and he can go suck it! I'm the sun!"- Meredith Grey

You tell him, Mere!

10. "Life's too short to be scared."- Callie Torres

Dr. Torres knows what she's talking about.

11. "If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and demand something more."- Cristina Yang

I miss Cristina and George. Why do you do this to me, Shonda?

12. "You did a terrible thing. It doesn't mean you're a terrible person"- Miranda Bailey

Good people do bad things. You can't let the weight of your mistakes crush you.

13. "Actually, I prefer to be called 'Ruler of All That is Evil', but I will answer to Satan."- Addison Shepherd

You can't always change people's ideas about you, even if they're wrong. You can either worry about it or, like Addison, have some fun and run with it.

14. "Reality. It's so much more interesting than living happily ever after"- Meredith Grey

Happy ever after's are boring and everybody knows it. The real world is much more fun.

15. "You can't pray away the gay!"- Callie Torres

Callie yelling at her dad because he won't accept her bisexuality was heartbreaking yet empowering. Be yourself and don't let other's opinions affect you.

16. "Don't let fear keep you quiet. You have a voice. So use it. Speak up. Raise your hands. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard. Whatever it takes. Just find your voice and when you do, fill the damn silence."- Meredith Grey

Make your voice heard. Scream, yell, do whatever you have to do.

17. "If there's no food, I'm going home."- Cristina Yang

Priorities, people. Priorities.

18. "I think you can't wait for someone to fly underneath you and save your life. I think you have to save yourself."- Meredith Grey

Don't wait around for someone to change your life and make it better. You have to do it yourself.

19. "Handle it? I'm a frickin' warrior queen!" -Jo Wilson

You go, Jo! Know your power, girl!

20. "Not everyone has to happy all the time. That's not mental health, that's crap."- Meredith Grey

It's okay to have bad days, horrible hours and miserable moments. It happens to the best of us.

21. "When I met you I thought I had found the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done! So all the boys and all the bars and all the obvious daddy issues, who cares? because I was done!... I'm all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke. You don't get to call me a whore."- Meredith Grey

Meredith telling off Derek, who was being a giant jerk, is my favorite scene ever. You go, girl!

22. "Don't spend all your time wondering what you are or who you like or whether it's right for you or wrong for you. Just let yourself be happy"- Callie Torres

Being happy and content is all that matters. Don't worry about the little stuff.

23. "Progress looks like a bunch of failures"- Meredith Grey

You can't have great success without the risk of giant failure.

24. "In the end, there's no glory in easy. No one remembers easy. They remember the blood and the bone and the long, agonizing fight to the top. And that is how you become legendary." -Amelia Shepherd

Achieving anything worthwhile takes hard work. Don't give in just yet.

25. "In group settings, men are 75% more likely to speak up than women, When a woman does speak up, it's statistically probable that her male counterparts will with either interrupt her or speak over her... In this world, where men are bigger, stronger, faster, if you're not ready to fight, the silence will kill you." - Meredith Grey

Us girls have to work harder and smarter to get to the top, so get ready to fight.

26. "Pretty good is not enough, I wanna be great"- Cristina Yang

Know your worth and where you want to go. Don't stop until you get there.

27. "Responsibility. It really does suck... and still, adulthood has its perks. I mean the shoes, the sex, the no parents anywhere telling you what to do. That's, pretty damn good."- Meredith Grey

Being an adult sucks sometimes but, compared to childhood, there are some pretty good perks.

28. "Shut up. Dance it out."- Cristina Yang

Sometimes it's the only solution.

The women of Grey's Anatomy have empowered girls and women around the world. They showed us that we can do it all and have it all. We can be bosses in the workplace, moms and wives at home, and overall badass women. They taught us to know our worth, keep fighting for what we believe, and be the best we can be. If you need a confidence boost, a good cry or some feel good, surgical fun, check out Grey's Anatomy on ABC, Lifetime, Netflix and Hulu.