1. “It always feels like there is just one person in this world to love. And then you find somebody else, and it just seems crazy that you were ever worried in the first place.” - Lexie Grey

2. “Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy, but he's not the sun. You are.” - Cristina Yang

3. “You can have the worst crap in the world happen to you and you can get over it. All you gotta do is survive.” - Alex Karev

4. “It can be scary to find out you've been wrong about something. But we can't be afraid to change our minds, to accept that things are different, that they'll never be the same, for better or for worse. We have to be willing to give up what we used to believe. The more we're willing to accept what is and not what we thought, we'll find ourselves exactly where we belong.” - Meredith Grey

5. “It's one of those things people say. 'You can't move on until you let go of the past.' Letting go is the easy part, it's the moving on that's painful. So sometimes we fight it, trying to keep things the same. Things can't stay the same though. At some point you just have to let it go. Move on. Because no matter how painful it is, it's the only way we grow.” - Meredith Grey

6. “It doesn't matter how tough we are. Trauma always leaves a scar. It follows us home, it changes our lives. Trauma messes everybody up. But maybe that's the point. All the pain and the fear and the crap. Maybe going through all that is what keeps us moving forward. It's what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up, before we can step up.” - Alex Karev

7. “But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big 'pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window,' unfortunate way that makes me hate you ... love you. So pick me. Choose me. Love me." - Meredith Grey

8. "Knowing is better than wondering. Waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying." - Meredith Grey

9. "If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing. Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems. Even if you're scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there." - Mark Sloan

10. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here, and don’t give a damn what anyone thinks. There are no teams here, no buddies. You’re on your own. Be on your own." - Cristina Yang

11. "The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. Live or die. Hero or coward. Fight or give in. I’ll say it again to make sure you hear me. The human life is made up of choices. Live or die. That’s the important choice. And it’s not always in our hands." - Derek Shepherd

12. "It’s not hard. It’s painful but it’s not hard. You know what to do already. If you didn’t you wouldn’t be in this much pain." - Miranda Bailey

13. "It's good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose." - Richard Weber

14. “After careful consideration and many sleepless nights, here’s what I’ve decided.  There’s no such thing as a grown up. We move out, we move away from our families. But the basic insecurities, the fears and all the old wounds just grow up with us. Just when you think life has forced you to truly become an adult, your mother says something like that. We get bigger, taller, older. But, for the most part, we’re still a bunch of kids, running around the playground, trying desperately to fit in.” - Meredith Grey

15. “Did you say it? ‘I love you.’ ‘I don’t ever want to live without you.’ ‘You changed my life.’ Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then look around; Drink it in ‘cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow.” - Meredith Grey

16. “I’m all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke.” - Meredith Grey

17. “Everyone needs help from time to time. Someone to look out for them. Make sure they’re okay.” - Izzie Stevens