TBH, "Grey's Anatomy" Is Going Downhill, Fast

I really miss the OG "Grey's Anatomy."
2413

Not going to lie, I hopped on the “Grey’s Anatomy” bandwagon pretty late. My roommate convinced me to start watching it a couple years ago and I was hooked from the first episode. I binge watched the crap out of the first 12 seasons on Netflix and I’ve been watching it regularly ever since.

I’ve put up with a lot of the crazy plot twists that Shonda Rhimes has thrown at the “Grey’s” fandom. I mean, what hasn’t gone wrong at that hospital? A shooting, a plane crash, a ferry boat crash, multiple car crashes, an explosion, and so much more.

“Grey’s Anatomy” fans know not to get too attached to any of the characters on the show, hell I’m convinced even Meredith isn’t safe.

Recently it was announced that Jessica Capshaw and Sarah Drew, who play Arizona Robbins and April Kepner consecutively, will be leaving the show. Despite the fact that fans of the show are used to characters exiting the show, it still came as a shock.

Personally, I’m a big fan of April and Arizona and I’m sad to see them leave. I loved Arizona from the first episode she appeared in, and April has had one of the best character arcs in the show (well, until now).

Poor April has gone cuckoo for cocoa puffs. She mildly redeemed herself in the most recent episode, but still, she has kind of lost it. Also, “Japril” is officially dead with the newly formed “Jaggie” and I am not happy about it #Japril4ever.

Besides the news of two amazing characters leaving, there’s the fact that the storylines aren’t meshing as well as they use to. The original “Grey’s Anatomy” episodes flowed very nicely. Even with multiple storylines going on at once they fit together well. The recent episodes feel choppy and like they are trying to tell too many storylines at once that aren’t cohesive.

I really miss the OG “Grey’s Anatomy,” and unless they bring back some of the good characters (DR. CRISTINA YANG), I think this “Grey’s Anatomy” fan is going to stop tuning in weekly to see what’s new at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.