Beyonce, the rodeo, Tex-Mex, and the ever so amazing NASA Space Center are probably some of the first things that come to mind when you think about Houston. But, there's more to the city than that — it is the fourth largest city in the country and is known for its crazy driving culture, diverse population, and a metro area that is bigger than the state of New Jersey.

I spent my first 18 years of life in the city and I couldn't be more in love with the place I am from.

Without further ado, 15 things that you'll only recognize (and know well) about Houston if you grew up there.

1. Tex-Mex

I kid you not, the first thing that I smelled when I got off the plane and into the airport was a restaurant that was Tex-Mex and my first thought was "Welcome to Texas."

2. The non-stop construction on SH 288

sh 288

It seems like it is different literally every day.

3. HEB and BUC-EE'S

Two places that are totally Texas.

4. Feeders

feeders

This is what Houstonians call the interstate/highway access road.

5. The legend of the Astrodome

astrodome

Built as the world's first indoor air-conditioned domed stadium in 1965 and despite being abandoned, it still remains today.

6. The never ending struggle that is the traffic

scream

It literally sometimes takes 45 minutes to get to Houston from Houston.

7. Weather with a mind of its own

houston weather

i kid you not, it can go from sunny and hot to cold and rain all within the span of a few hours.

8. Mattress Mack and the Galley Furniture commercials

mattress mack

Or even just getting to see the store for yourself.

9. And the many other shopping options

shopping

Including, IKEA, the Galleria, Highland Village, and much, much more.

10. NASA

The Space Center was (and still is) home to the command center from the times of the many space shuttle launches. Tours are still being done today and it's a place I, myself, have been to several times.

11. The "Be Someone" graffiti

And to think that such an iconic Houston symbol was covered recently and then recreated.

12. When it come to rodeo season, we take it serious

And i mean full on dressing up. This includes boots, hats, you name it.

13. The Killen's Chain

Now, this is specific to Pearland (a smaller suburban city outside of Houston) but they are still a well-known couple of restaurants. The chain includes a burger place, a BBQ place, a steakhouse, and Tex-Mex

14. It's one of the leading innovators in medicine

The Medical Center in Downtown is huge and plays a key role in this fact.

15. No matter where you go, it will always be home

Even if you're in another country for a while.