16 Great Reasons About Being Home For Break

Break time.

7
pexels.com

Everyone loves the idea of going home for break. Most students haven't been home for quite a few weeks at this point and are anxiously waiting for their classes and finals to be over and done with so they can pack up everything and head home. I was definitely excited to get home and be able to have a month off of school. There are so many good things about being home, and here are just a few things that make me happy to be home.

1. Seeing your family.

I don't think I missed anyone more than when I missed my mom, dad, and little sister. They were the three people I looked forward to seeing the most when I got home.

2. Catching up with friends.

Everyone has been off doing their own thing and it's so great to hear about what they've all been up to.

3. Sleeping in your own bed.

I cannot even being to tell you how amazing it feels to crawl into my own queen sized bed instead of an XL Twin mattress supplied by the college.

4. And being able to sleep in every day.

No more getting up for classes!! (for one month)

5. Having your own bathroom back.

No more community showers!!

6. Finally having home cooked meals.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ramen and microwave popcorn, but it was really nice to come home and have real food made by my mom.

7. Not having to worry about doing any homework.

Thank goodness.

8. And not having any deadlines for anything.

THANK GOODNESS.

9. Christmas time.

Only the most wonderful time of the year.

10. Spending New Year's with all your friends.

There's no better way to start off a new year than when you're doing it with your best and closest friends.

11. Final grades are posted.

This could be a good or bad thing. (Let's hope it's good.)

12. You can lay around in sweatpants all day.

I kind of did this at school too, but this way I don't feel as judged about it.

13. Having plans for almost every day of break.

There are so many people you want to see and so many things you want to do before you go back to school, so it feels great to know you have something to do almost every day of the week.

14. Seeing your pets.

Not being able to keep a pet in a dorm room is definitely upsetting. Sure, we can have a fish, but that's not something I'd want to cuddle with.

15. There's normally lots of shopping.

Which is great just to think about, especially for someone who loves shopping (like me).

16. In the end, you're always anxious to go back to school.

Most of the friends I have made at school have become some of my closest and best friends and whenever I go home, even if it's just for a weekend, I miss them so much.

Going home for break is always something everyone can't wait for. But by the time the end of break is near, it feels good to pack up and go back to school.