great cycle challenge

I Cycle To Make A Difference For The Kids

My legs burn but it is a small price to pay for the kids!

25
https://unsplash.com/photos/WUehAgqO5hE

Cycling a.k.a biking has been a big exercise that many people have been doing for a while. Kids all the way to grandparents have had fun adventures and memories with bikes. Many people train their whole life to be part of cycling races and sporting events. Biking is a hobby for many as well but how does it help fight kids' cancer? That is where The Great Cycle Challenge comes in.

The Great Cycle Challenge started back in 2015. Three years later the challenge has become one the biggest events having to do with cycling! People from across the nation join in on this challenge and the outcome. Awareness and money raised for kids' cancer. In the three years that the challenge has been active, riders from all 50 states have joined, 7,516,295 miles have been biked and $9,219,511 have been raised. That is insane!

Riders and the organization have devoted themselves to pass their previous goals this June. We are half way through the month and people are reaching and surpassing their goals of bike miles and funds raised. The reason why is due to the fact that over 15,700 kids are diagnosed with cancer every year and 39 kids die every week. Riders are giving these kids a chance to fight and regain their lives back. To give these kids strength to kick cancer's butt and leave the other side with a smile on their face and share their story.

So far this month, there have been 51,242 riders, 1,609,907 miles ridden and $4,931,249 raised! It's only about halfway through June! This is all being done for kids like Callie who has been diagnosed with pelvic rhabdomyosarcoma or Archie who is 2 years old and has been diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer. There are even older kids like MacKale who at 11 years old was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, and wanting to stay active has recently made the decision to amputate his left leg. These are the kids the riders are biking for. They are the ones who motivate everyone to become the best they could be and do the best the can in the challenge.

How can you help? By just being aware of the current statistics and what these kids have to go through on a daily, makes you more knowledge about what is actually happening. If you want to ride and raise money, it's still not too late to join in on the fight and start your own profile at the official The Great Cycle Challenge site. It is super easy to get your profile and goals started. Before you know it, you'll be hitting the streets and trails with a bike and a purpose for good. Even if you don't want to actually go biking, you can always find someone who is and sponsor them. There are teams and there are individuals who have either been affected, know someone who has, or is biking to make a difference. Whatever the case, it's for the kids and giving them a chance with life.