A Letter To My Parents

A Letter To My Parents

There is not enough words in this world to display my gratitude for you.
1

Dear Mom and Dad,

As you sit at home wondering and worrying about how I am doing on my own, know that I am thinking about you and missing you just as much. Not a day passes when I think how lucky I am to have you both. You guys are my world and I cannot imagine growing up with anybody else, but you as my parents.

From the day I was born, you showered me with love. The amount of thanks I owe you cannot be counted. Thank you for being part of every moment in my life, from my first steps and first words, to middle school promotion, to high school graduation and beyond. Thank you for putting up with my tantrums as a child and not giving in through my continuation of screaming. Thank you for driving at ungodly hours in the middle of the night to come and pick me up from sleepovers I didn't want to stay at.

Thank you for staying up late with me to help with numerous homework assignments even though you much rather would have been sleeping. Thank you for nurturing me while I was sick and for being my shoulder to cry on when the bullies or boys were mean. Thank you Mom for telling me there are many fish in the sea and Dad for always asking who you needed to see for hurting your baby girl. Thank you for being my personal taxi drivers until I was old enough to get my own license and being my personal chefs, even to this day. Thank you for teaching me the difference between right and wrong and how to see good in this world.

You have always been my number one supporters and stood behind me in everything I do. No matter what I do or say in life, I will never be able to show you just how much you mean to me. My favorite moments in life are with you both and I am so happy I can say that. You taught me how to be tough and stand up for myself. It was you who told me that I can dream big and achieve anything I set my mind to. Thank you for going along with my crazy adventures in life and allowing me to dabble in every different thing I wanted to.

I look up to you two more than anyone else in this world. Who needs to have a famous role model when I got you guys? Each day I strive to make my life worthy of what you have provided me. You have always put me before yourselves and I can never thank you enough. You put a roof over my head, fed me, gave me love and care, endless support and provided me with funding -- even after I got my own job.

My happiness is a reflection of both of you and as I am at school, I have a constant reminder of just how lucky I am to call you my Mom and Dad. Day in and day out I try to make you proud and there is no better feeling than when I accomplish that. I am so proud to have you as my parents. You taught me how to love, be smart, strong, independent, polite, and most of all kind.

Our life has had some unexpected bumps along the road, but you two were strong through it all and because of that I knew everything would turn out okay. I am so proud of both of you and how you touch the lives of others. My love for you is endless and I can never repay you for giving me the life you did. I know that it is hard to see me grow up, but know that I will always be your little girl. I love you both to the moon and back. You may tell everyone that you are the lucky ones, but it is me who is truly lucky to have you guys as my parents.

With love,

Your baby girl