Listen To This Beautiful Rendition Of The National Anthem Performed By Hundreds Of All-State Choir Students

No matter the circumstance, music can unite.

18
Jeff Moore

While participating in the 2015 Kentucky Music Education Association (KMEA) All-State Choir, I had the privilege of participating in a yearly tradition: the singing of the United States National Anthem. Louisville, KY rings with this song once a day during the KMEA Conference. Each night, students pour out of their hotel rooms at 11 p.m. sharp, preparing to sing. They unite, match pitch, and begin to sing, and the beauty cannot be matched. Though the camera work is not perfect, the recording shows that individuals of different backgrounds can come together for the beauty of music performance. In a world of division, glimmers of hope still remain. Close your eyes and listen to adolescent voices join together for the love of music.