12 Reasons Why The Graphic Tee Comeback Is The Best Thing To Ever Happen To Fashion

As long as it's not in "comic sans."

46
Private Party

Fashion has made yet another leap into the future. Unless you've been living under a rock or in rural Montana, you've probably noticed that a basic t-shirt just doesn't cut it anymore. The revolutionary addition of words or a word, singular, to your favorite tee can now set you apart from the Hanes multipack-wearing majority. Even though you're basically captioning yourself, it doesn't really matter what your shirt says unless the words are written in "Comic Sans" font, which would be tragic. The party really starts when you have to explain to random adults at the grocery store exactly why your shirt is funny. Click on the photos for links to buy your new favorite, not-so-plain white tee.

1. This tiny model clearly eats at buffets on the regular.

This shirt is really funny until you realize you just dropped 64 bucks on a t-shirt and would never be caught within a ten mile radius of a "Golden Corral."

2. I'd wear this shirt, even though it's a little cheesy.

Give this as a gift to your favorite lactose intolerant friend. They won't resent you at all.

3. This really is a good idea in theory.

When you put this on at 8:00 a.m. it's hilarious. When you're still wearing this at 4:00 p.m. the joke is getting old. I would suggest investing in an "I Also Hate Afternoons" tee to change into halfway through the day.

4. This one is slightly NSFW.

This is the perfect thing to throw on to wear to class, especially on a day when your professor is handing back an exam that you did not exactly pass with flying colors, or any colors for that matter. OK, maybe you took an L on this one, but "sh*t happens," right?

5. I would literally never take this off.

It's true.

6. I'm sad just looking at this.

Wear this when your "Always Hungry" shirt is in the wash.

7. There's a 10/10 chance that I would wear this out.

"We didn't invent the pun, just the pun sweatshirt."

8. This is for that special person who would just love to retire to the "Hidden Valley."

We all have the one friend who is a little too into ranch dressing. You know who you are.

9. I dare you to read this without singing it.

For some reason, this strikes me as extremely funny and very worth $52. Also, everyone will be so grateful to have Katy Perry stuck in their head the rest of the day thanks to you.

10. I am mad that I don't already own this.

If you don't understand this joke, you need to take a second, reevaluate your life, and watch "Magic Mike XXL." You're welcome.

11. This shirt is for when you want to let your inner basic girl shine through.

Wearing this to brunch would make you look like a total try hard, but wearing it while not at brunch to let people know that you went to brunch is totally meta.

12. Once again, this shirt is slightly NSFW.

Let's be honest, this sweatshirt is the total package. Would it be acceptable to wear this 365 days per year? I'm asking for a friend.

The right graphic tee will make you look effortlessly put together, no matter how rough your night was. Whether you went to bed at 9:30 or went out and woke up next to not one, but three empty pints of ice cream the next morning (true story), I guarantee that you'll look like a million bucks.