I'm A Granny's Girl Because My Granny Is The Toughest, Most Kind-Hearted Woman I Know

Don’t take the time you can spend with your grandparents for granted because there will be one day that they are no longer there, and they only exist in your memories.

872
Allie Bishop

Things in life are not guaranteed. Even the simplest thing in life is not guaranteed.

Time.

We all have a time limit for being on this earth, and it is a sad truth that our grandparents have less time on this earth than we do.

But please, cherish any and every moment you can possibly have with them because sometimes life gets ahead of us and we forget to tell the ones we love how much they mean to us.

I have been so blessed to have my granny be such a significant woman in my life growing up. From all those day trips out to the “shopping center,” to the times we spent New Year’s Eve together sharing a bottle of sparkling grape juice, and to all the times we would go shopping and my mom wouldn’t buy me that candy bar or coloring book so I would go run to granny so she could sneak it in her cart.

Not only was I able to grow up with my best friend, I was also able to learn so much from such an amazing woman. Whether it be something as simple as how to tie my shoes, or how to fold my comforter, to teaching me how to be the strong, independent woman I aspired to become.

My granny is the toughest, most kind-hearted woman I know. I have seen her struggle physically and mentally, and she is now 89, almost 90 years old and is still the strongest person I know.

She believes in me in every and all aspects of myself. Even in areas that I lack, she makes up for it with her devoting and continuous confidence she has in me.

Who knows where I would be without this women. She is my best friend, my rock, and most importantly, my role model.

Spend time with your grandparents, spend time with your parents, spend time with those you care about.

Tell them you love them, give them a hug, watch their favorite television show with them, or even go with them to the grocery store.

Spend as much time as you possibly can with those you love because time is never guaranteed, only memories are.