To My Granny

To My Granny

"I want to thank you for accepting me for who I am, and for helping me become a better person."

35
To My Granny
Alexia Meadows

I want to say thank you, Granny. Thank you for everything. Thank you for always being there for me when I needed you the most. No one can ever replace you in my life, even when you do pass, no one will ever be able to be there for me like you have. You have been there since day one, and you have always been there to defend me from some people. You have been there to encourage me to become better, smarter, and happier. I don't know what I would do without you.

I want to thank you for accepting me for who I am, and for helping me become a better person. You have accepted me even when I didn't know who I really was, and you have encouraged me to think for myself and to always have a backup plan for when things don't go the way I wanted or as expected. You have been such a blessing in my life. I remember all the times you would take me with you to the flower shop, and you would teach me about how to care for flowers, how to make flower arrangements, and most importantly, how to find beauty in the simple little things. I remember growing up and wanting to be almost exactly like you. To be as strong-willed, to be as loving, and to be as independent-minded as you are. You are the reason behind why one of my happy places is being around flowers. The first thought I have when someone says to "go to your happy place" is the flower shop, and being able to remember all the times you took me with you, and all the little lessons I learned when we were there and the little conversations we had. Because of you, I am able to stand tall and not be afraid to say that I am bisexual. You accepted me when I told you that I was Bi, and you were the one who even told my dad for me when I was afraid to tell him. You are the best grandmother I could have ever asked for.

I want to thank you for encouraging me to find who I am, and for supporting me. You are the reason why I even started learning about magic and crystals and anything in relation to witchcraft. I saw how obsessed you were with crystals and, I remember you gave me two crystals when you cleaned out the shed that one day, and I remember wearing the clear quartz like a medallion. You have always been someone I could look up to, and I want to thank you. You have loved me unconditionally, and you have raised me to be who I am today. You have always been, and always will be, the main motherly figure in my life. You were there when Katrina left, and you were there when Debi had left. You were there for all of it. You will always be the one motherly figure who was there from the beginning and never left. Always. No one can take that place from you. You raised three of your own kids, and you helped raise four grandkids, and I know for a fact that no one will ever be able to replace you in mine or my cousins' lives. You are one hell of an amazing grandmother, and you should be proud of yourself because of all the obstacles you have overcome. I love you Granny, and no one will ever be as amazing as you.