After 57 Years Of Marriage, My Grandma And Grandpa Are The Real "Relationship Goals"

Their hearts are completely devoted to the Lord our Savior.

5566
Every Pixel

Valentine's Day. The National Day of Love (as some might call it) has come and left us so quickly. As many took those twenty-four hours to display their love and affection to their special someone, I utilized it as an opportunity to reflect on all the wonderful relationships that surround me.

I am so grateful to observe several romantic relationships in my life that thus cause my future standards to be set much higher. For instance, my mother and father, brother and sister-in-law, and grandma and grandpa all share romantic relationships that set the standards very high.

However, when I was considering all the people in my life that have built these sort of marriages, I couldn't help but think about the ones who established this all: my grandparents.

As I compose this article, I simply can't stop smiling due to how beautiful their relationship actually is. Therefore, I'm excited to further explain why my grandma and grandpa are the real "relationship goals."

So first off, my grandma and grandpa are two of the sweetest humans that live on this earth. Their hearts are completely devoted to our Lord and Savior Himself. Their relationship has solely been established by God, and as they have grown together as a couple, they have also grown closer to the Lord.

Especially as they are progressing in age, I observe how their religious practices are at the center of their relationship, which is something so many admire.

My grandparents have also taken the sacrificial steps to ensure that each other are both content in the relationship. My grandma always inquires about how my grandpa is doing and if there is anything that she can assist him with. This love is reciprocated when my grandpa asks/does similar things to make sure that my grandma is pleased.

Upon visiting them, I can definitely see that their love is deep and never-ending. They will continue to be there for one another in times of need and when life provides them with high spirits.

Finally, my grandma and grandpa share a relationship that was built off of their strong foundation of friendship. My grandparents met through some mutual friends that allowed for them to get to know one another in a more casual manner. They were able to truly value one another because of their unique attributes and thus build a romantic relationship on top of their friendship.

There are so many relationships that obtain great value in my eyes; however, nothing truly compares to the deep love that my grandma and grandpa share.