Graduation Is In Less Than A Month: As Told By Boy Meets World

Ten bucks you've went into a mental breakdown when you bought that cap and gown...

23

It has become literally the final countdown: graduation is in less than a month. So, what does this final month include? Fears upon fears upon some more fears. Now, I will say that your whole college career leads into moments when you panic, but this is the time when all your fears attack you. In this final month you may be purchasing your cap and gowns, receiving the dates of senior ceremonies or simply sitting in the corner of your room asking yourself: "What does one do with a degree?" or "How does one get so lucky to have a "big kid" job?" Well lets face it, we've all been there or some of us may be there now, but our dearest friends of Boy Meets World are here to comfort us in our time of need.

1) Am I made out to be an adultier adult?

We're coming to a close and the question has lingered in our minds for a while: will we be successful? We've sat in classrooms for four to five years while our teachers taught us all we needed to know to be successful in our chosen careers and have passed every test possible...DON'T LET US GOOOOO! After so many years, we got the college student thing down pat or else we wouldn't have made it this far; yet some of us sit here and wonder, "How do I breathe as an adultier adult?"

2) The dreaded question: Can everyone not ask it?

As the years have passed, everyone has heard the question: "What are you going to do with that degree?" but now the question is: "What do you see yourself doing now?" Umm here's the deal people, can you let me pass my classes first?! In real life a job doesn't happen until you pass those classes which leads to the degree. Us seniors have:

-Worked extremely hard.

-Experienced numerous all-nighters.

-Drank a huge amount of alcohol to ease the pain of some assignments.

-Sat through classes where nothing made sense and took tests saying, "Here goes nothing!"

But in the end, we came out on top! So instead of asking us what's next, congratulate us on surviving the toughest years of our academic careers!

3) Having to part with your friend group: How do you handle distance?

Listen, by four or five years, you have solid friendships...well for your sake, I sure hope you do! But here's the thing, no one told us how we are supposed to handle friendships that we worked so hard to build! You'd think we would've been taught that by now...

4) We all don't want to leave that teacher who is like our own Mr. Feeny.

Let's be honest, our favorite teacher in college has been the equivalent of our academic mom or dad. They've helped us network and taught us how to love our major, so what happens when we're not sitting in their classroom next year? We have to hope and pray that we can be half the person they know we can be.

5) Besides all the fears, lets trust that we can change the world someday.

We've made it through four to five years.

There have been countless times of crying and times of excitement; though we may become more and more scared this final month, we have to trust ourselves. We may not get the dream job right away or the promotion we spent years trying to get but trust in yourself; in time, what we work for will be achieved. Now, though I may put on an excellent front about graduation, if I look back on my five years of college, I have accomplished more than I thought imaginable; if my adultier life is anything like my college years, it'll be a solid deal.