To My Friend Graduating College

To My Friend Graduating College

Don't go please

3
To My Friend Graduating College
Bryttany Dove

I met you only a few short months ago but I can honestly say that you are not allowed to graduate and leave me all alone. So here's a letter to all my friends who are parting ways with our small university holding a diploma and big dreams.

I know you're not sentimental, but thanks for being one hell of a friend. You could have easily ignored the annoying freshman that wanted to shower you with questions and hugs. You let me ask questions about classes and professors but more importantly, you let me ask you dumb questions that you could only reply with laughs and wondering if I am okay. You have let me freak out about injuries and classes but you have also let me act like a dragon while holding pizza in my hand.

You have shown me the ins and outs of college and everything I should avoid academically, but you have also shown me shortcuts around campus and the plan to avoiding boys. I hate that I just met you, because I honestly have no idea what I will be doing without you next year.

We will be 1,400 miles away from each other in a matter of three months but I can promise you that states and different time zones will not be able to separate us. You will be receiving FaceTime calls from me, they just won't be followed by me barging into your living room and then tackling you while you are in your bed. You will still hear me complain about all the little things in my life, you just won't be able to hug me and then tell me how much you hate hugging people. I'm not going to have you to fall asleep on while watching a movie or having you play with my hair when I'm tired.

I'm not going to have my go-to in a couple of months so for the next couple of weeks, get used to lots and lots of hugs.