23 Grad Cap Decorating Ideas For Travel-Obsessed Grads

Oh, the places you'll go!

1351
flickr

The travel bug is real. As someone who studied abroad twice and loves Europe, I know the feeling well. I may even be slightly obsessed with travel myself (my friends would say majorly obsessed). Since traveling and being in new places became a big part of my life, being able to represent that when I graduate from college is important. What better way to represent it than on my beautiful required black cap?

Here are 23 grad cap decorating ideas for travel obsessed grads (including myself)!

1. "Ready for my next adventure"

This cap is beautiful and simple, while still pointing out what you're going to be doing! Plus, the gold world in the center works nicely with that pesky little button.

2. "Adventures are the best way to learn"

Let's be honest, we're all tired of sitting in classes. I mean, we have been doing that for several years of our lives already! This cap shows you're not done learning, you're just ready to do it in a different place.

3. "I guess I'm going home"

We all have at least one place we feel most at home! For me, it's London, England. For you, who knows? Regardless of where your home is, this graduation cap decorating idea is a beautiful way of showing it off!

4. "On to my next adventure!"

All of the small country items here are perfect for the student who wants to go everywhere and see everything! This is a great grad cap decoration for grads obsessed with traveling anywhere they can think of.

5. "A world of possibilities awaits"

The inclusion of the map as the background shows just how ready you are to take on the world. Plus, it goes along quite nicely with the quote. The world literally awaits.

6. "My heart was made to travel"

This simple design allows the grad to show off a favorite color and a favorite place (or places!) all at the same time. And the quote? Quite heartfelt (pun intended).

7. "I think I'm quite ready for another adventure"

Alright, where are all of my Lord of the Rings fans? I know you're out there! This cap is two amazing things combined in one. You may not be a geography major, but being obsessed with travel counts as geography, right?

8. "Adventure is out there!"

We have the classic map as the background again (hmmm, seems to be a recurring theme here, I wonder why?). The gold letters stand out nicely against the map and boldly help you declare that "adventure is out there" and you're going to get it!

9. "There was nowhere to go but EVERYWHERE"

Wow another map! I'm starting to think a map might be the best background for grads obsessed with travel, crazy right? Regardless, combining a map with this quote shows clearly and distinctly exactly that you're headed "everywhere" and you can't wait.

10. "Bon Voyage"

You were waiting for "bon voyage" weren't you? Here is it, combined with a map! This one is easily customizable too. You can change the location the map is showing to wherever your next stop is going to be. Bon voyage lovely grad!

11. "Go find yourself"

We aren't all cut out to stay in one place! For those grads, this graduation cap decorating idea is perfect for you. The world is your oyster as you set out to find who you are.

12. "Oh the places I'll go"

Want a bit of nostalgia with your travel? Combining a variation of the Dr. Seuss quote with the thought of wherever you're going is the perfect way to acknowledge your childhood while looking forward to your future.

13. "Don't let your fear decide your fate"

Traveling can be scary! Especially if you're going by yourself. Yet, you could be missing out on where you belong if you get scared. Declaring you won't let fear stop you is a splendid way to end your college career and take on your future.

14. "Adventure awaits"

The small travel touches like the passport, luggage, and plane add even more flair to this cap. You know what you're looking forward to after graduation if you pick this cap!

15. "Will work for travel"

Travel = money, money = job, so how do we get travel = job? By advertising of course! Not to mention that this cap has everything travel obsessed grads will need i.e. passport, camera, and oh, yeah, job (or at least job idea)!

16. The world

Calling all artsy grads! This cap lets you display your gorgeous art skills while also showing where you're headed in the future (everywhere!).

17. "Thanks mom and dad for giving me the world"

This cap gives you the chance to thank your parents for all they did for you while also showing your next destination! Your parents will love the shout out and you'll love the subtleish hint about your next country.

18. "And so the adventure begins"

Sure, college was an adventure, but now the real adventure begins: the rest of your life! Who knows where you'll end up, but the world and the adventures in it are waiting.

19. "The journey is the destination"

The compass with the world will give you that travel vibe you want while the quote shows that you're ready to take on all of the traveling.

20. "Wherever you go, go with all your heart"

Tying your heart to travel is pretty easy when you're obsessed with it! Declaring you're going to put your whole heart into your travel is a fantastic way to show everyone how much you love it.

21. "At times you need to get lost, to find yourself"

We've all gotten lost at one point, whether it was in a foreign country, city, or your hometown. How you get out of those situations often helps you realize who you are when the cards are down. Acknowledging that on your cap is a great reminder that getting lost isn't such a bad thing after all.

22. "Wherever we fly this isn't goodbye"

I had to get sappy sometime! I love how this cap is a sentimental way of saying you'll always stay in touch, regardless of where in the world you are. They say the friends you make in college will be your friends for life, and this cap is a way of reminding them that you'll always be there.

23. "Veni vidi vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered." The cap combines your accomplishment of graduating college with your next goal of traveling the world. What a way to end your college career.

There you have it, fellow travel lovers! 23 different grad cap decorations for all of my travel-obsessed grads. Hopefully, you find one you like or one that inspires your own cap!