College is like "Grace and Frankie"
Television Streaming

10 'Grace and Frankie' Quotes That Prove Nobody Understands College Girls Like Jane Fonda And Lily Tomlin

These two characters have iconic moments that are just too relatable to the college experience.

1371

Considering the show is about two 70-something-year-olds, you might not expect the sass and wisdom of Frankie Bergstein and Grace Hanson to be pertinent to your everyday college student. As Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda prove, however, these two characters have iconic moments that are just too relatable to the college experience.

"I gained another pound today. But I think it's a pound of knowledge." — Frankie Bergstein

How you feel after the first week of classes.

"Isn't it a little early for that watermelon to be drunk? I'm talking about you, Grace. You're the watermelon." — Frankie Bergstein

When your friend is going too hard at Sunday brunch.

"Hope is overrated." — Grace Hanson

After you get your grade on the first exam of the semester.

"I just prefer to have everybody like me." — Sol Bergstein

How you feel introducing yourself to the people on your floor, in your classes, at the dining hall, in line at Starbucks, at the library, in line at the bookstore, at the gym...

"Once you see the real me, you are gonna run for the hills." — Frankie Bergstein

Making friends in college... aka the subtle art of finding friends you want to run for the hills with instead of away from.

"I don't need anybody but me to tell me that I'm an artist." — Frankie Bergstein

Life as an art major has never been so real.

"Would you mind taking me back home or setting me on fire?" — Grace Hanson

After studying at the library for 8 hours straight.

"Yes, who wouldn't want to be part of the ancient tradition of misogyny and homophobia?" — Sol Bergstein

After taking one gender studies class.

"And I am a certified amateur psychologist." — Frankie Bergstein

scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com

After taking one social science elective.

"I played by all the rules! Why didn't you tell me there weren't any rules, it's not fair!" -— Grace Hanson

When the study guide completely fails to prepare you for the exam.