Goodbye Summer Sixteen, Hello Fall!

Goodbye Summer Sixteen, Hello Fall!

Socks and Birkenstocks, Cooler Weather, and Good TV.

29
Goodbye Summer Sixteen, Hello Fall!
Her Campus

At the start of Summer Sixteen, I had such high expectations. Did any of them become reality? Nope. Instead of taking road trips every weekend to the beach, I worked at a summer camp and gained 10 pounds. I'm hoping that fall will be better to me because I'm so done with 150-degree weather every day. With the official start of the fall season, I am excited about so many things. Here are a few:

1. Temperature change

As mentioned beforehand, I AM DONE with summer weather. What's the point of applying the perfect foundation with the perfect highlight if it's all gonna melt off while I walk miserably to class pretending everything is okay? EXACTLY.

An accurate depiction of me walking to class:

2. Good Tv Is BACK!

Though summer tv does it for some people, I need my Fall TV line-up back asap. I mean I need Rick Grimes killing zombies, Annalise Keating covering up more murders, Meredith Grey avoiding death and giving me life! YAS, IT'S LIT!

3. Fall Colors

I love lipstick. It's just kinda my thing. But the summer color lipsticks and my skin tone just end up clashing over and over again but my fall colors never let me down. I'm talking burgundy, brown, deep purple, I just shed a tear.

4. Time change

Clocks go back an hour. More. Sleep. Need I say more?

5. Sweater Weather!!!!!!!

Burr, it's cold in here. Not actually cold but not hot and that means it's okay to wear a sweater. Sweaters are my favorite thing. You can either dress them up or dress them down and that's all I ever look for in outfit choices.

6. Socks and Birkenstocks

You might be thinking socks and sandals are never okay. How could you even use them in the same sentence? But socks and Birkenstocks is something totally different, totally beautiful, and totally acceptable.

7. Halloween

The college girl's favorite holiday. You can dress up as a sexy nurse, sexy cheerleader, sexy cop, sexy anything while binge eating large amounts of airheads and tootsie rolls. Halloween is awesome.

8. Thanksgiving

Turkey, chicken, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, green beans in casserole form, baked macaroni, etc. and a few days off from work and/or school to let it all digest while watching football. Amazing.

9. Election Day

LOL, jk. No but seriously, you should probably go vote this year, it's super important. No? Okay.

10. One season closer to Christmas!

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. I get so excited just thinking about everything like the end of fall semester classes, Freeform's 25 days of Christmas (it will always be ABC Family to me), decorating the Christmas tree and baking cookies/making gingerbread houses with family.

So let's get excited about Fall! It looks like it's going to be a very promising one!