A Letter To My Seniors

A Letter To My Seniors

Your future is bright, but please don't forget about me in the shadows.
184

To those who graduated and are leaving much too soon,

I would first like to say thank you. Thank you for the laughs and the texts and the coffee dates. Thank you for listening to my drama and giving me advice through my junior year. Thank you for being an unexpected friend to me.

Life can come at you fast and it sure did for you. One moment we're Facetiming overhigh school drama, the next you're in your cap and gown repeating the phrase "How is it over?" I know you will do much bigger and better things than all that you've already accomplished throughout high school. You've been writing for years, now it's time to be published in the New Yorker or maybe even the New York Times. And you've had your hands on a camera since you can remember so go become a renowned photographer and videographer. I will be there cheering you on through every step of the way.

We've become closer friends than I ever though we'd be, and I will miss you so dearly when you leave.Thank you for knowing everything I went through and being the person I could confide in no matter what. Thank you for giving me the truth always, no matter how brutal it may be. Thank you for being a friend when even a year ago you were a stranger.

Between college orientations and senior trips our time together is very sparse. I promise you that no matter how much time we spend apart, you are still one of my greatest friends and someone that I could not be here without. I want you to focus on your future and all of the great things you will achieve. Miss me, but don't miss me too much. You left a lot of things in high school, and though I hope I'm not one of them, please don't dwell on the friendship that will undoubtedly grow further apart. I will remain one of your best friends and I am a phone call away, but our friendship shouldn't come in the way of what you have in store.

I am so proud of all that you have accomplished, for graduating high school and getting into college and following your dreams. I have to go through the same things soon that you went through even less than a year ago, and I am so glad to have a guide that will help me through the process and give me insight on what and what not to do.

Our friendship came out of nowhere, but I am so glad to have met you and to have gotten to know a person as amazing, caring, and thoughtful as you. Again, good luck, and don't ever forget about me and our friendship and all that we've gone through.

Sincerely,

Your friend that doesn't want you to leave.