Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

A different reflection

42
Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017
timeanddate.com

It's the end of another year. This is where reflection usually comes and blah blah blah. Sure, I'm feeling nostalgic because I've got my 2016 Wrapped Spotify playlist playing. Instead of doing a boring reflection because some of you may not want the boring details of my life. Although, I do have a draft of that in my queue and that's what it is for right now, a draft. I'm going to talk about are things that I want to continue in 2016 and things that I'd like to see end in 2016. This is not only what I'd like to see in myself, but in others.

I hope 2017 will be a much better year. Time to put away the negative attitude that 2016 gave us. That's not just for me, that's for everyone. So much negativity has happened this year has made people (including myself) truly cynical human beings. For me personally, I have so much to be thankful for and happy about. I can meet my basic needs, have people and a Creator who love me unconditionally, and other things. I still find myself being negative and complaining. That is a habit that I wish that would not follow me in 2017. I'd like to be more positive and happier with myself and I'd like to try to make the world a better place by spreading positive vibes.

Listening to this awesome playlist has made me realize that I found some good music in 2016. If things were bad, music was there for me. So many great artists were discovered, I can't even begin to name them all. I not only discovered new music, but also took a chance to listen to music I hadn't listened to in forever and listen to it consistently. I really hope that 2017 brings me more music. I already have a pretty open mind about music. It may be possible for my mind to be fully open to the music that is yet to come in 2017. Who knows, maybe I'll be more open minded to the pop crap that plays on the radio.

Another habit I wish to leave behind in 2016 is my unhealthiness. I want 2017 to be my year that I get healthier. I know I have gained weight in 2016. This is where you say "but Lindsey, you're such a skinny little thing." This is when I tell you to shut up. But seriously, I'm getting on a soapbox for a minute and discuss something else that needs to stay behind in 2016: judging people's bodies and judging what people think about their own bodies. Just because YOU may think I'm skinny doesn't mean that I think I'm skinny. Just because you think that person is fat, doesn't mean they think they are fat. It's all about perception. I don't even want to be "skinny." I just want to be healthy. Hopefully at the end of 2017, I will be satisfied with my body and my health, no matter where it is.

In 2017, I'd like to watch more shows and movies. Lately, I've been either watching the same shows over and over or still going slow and steady on the same show because I don't want it to end. Please someone, give me suggestions on what to watch in 2017. I think I can probably count on one hand the shows I watched in 2016. I probably watched less than 50 movies in 2016 too. I'm not a movie person anymore, but I'd like to be. I just need to watch more things and be more hip with pop culture.

I lost way too many people in 2016, both through death and by simply drifting apart. I don't want to do that anymore. I understand that death is inevitable, but I really don't want to lose any more friends because of me or them never talking. I want my friends and family to constantly know just how much I deeply care for them. I do not want to end a conversation by saying something I regret and then not see that person again. Even with my own boyfriend, I sometimes found myself going to bed angry with him in 2016. I hope in 2017 that I become a more loving and caring person.

I'd like to keep some of the friends I've made in 2016. I love the people I've met through the Odyssey and my squad gals. I hope to continue writing for the Odyssey in 2017. I don't see why I won't. I'm saying goodbye to the 2016 cynic and greeting 2017 with an open mind and heart that 2017 will bring me better things.