Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

Check out some things you can look forward to in 2017

14
Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017
Valentine's Day Wishes

So 2016 wasn't the best year for many people. I see tweets everywhere saying how bad this year was. But for me, it was one of the best years I've had. First off, it was the first year since 2009 that I didn't go to a funeral/lose someone I love. That's a huge thing!! I celebrated life this year. I finished my first year of college, I watched my best friend graduate high school, I saw my sister go to her first prom, I went to Cancun with my best friend, I had the most amazing boyfriend all year, I made money, I spent the summer with my favorite people, I went to California with my family, I saw family I haven't seen in years, I went to Florida, I spent time with my grandparents, my family finally got what the deserved, I went to Disney for the first time with my best friend, I started my second year of college, my grandfather got his cancer taken out, my cousin is having a baby, no one I love passed away. This year was one of my favorites. Not everything was perfect by any means, but many, many good things happened this year. So on New Year's Eve I'm going to celebrate this year. For all the good and all the bad but mostly good. This is a very good year for me.

But for many, it wasn't a good year. Trump, celebrity deaths, etc. So for everyone who had a bad year and for everyone who had a good year, here's some things we can look forward to in 2017:

Movies: Beauty and the Beast, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Despicable Me 3, Fifty Shades Darker, Cars 3, Saw: Legacy, The Fate of the Furious, Star Wars: Episode VIII, Pitch Perfect 3, Jumanji, Lego Batman, Fist Fight, The Emoji Movie, and many more!

Technology: New emojis better than ever obviously! New iPads and iMacs, iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S8, new smartwatches, updates for FitBit, Nintendo Switch, and so many more that will have us drop our jaws!

Politics: This might not be a good thing for everyone, but it's going to be something interesting for all Americans. There will be the inauguration, rumors of a women's march the day after the inauguration, protests, hopefully non violent reactions to politics. Hopefully a move in the right direction.

Sky: Around August 17th-21st (different websites say different dates), there will be the first total solar eclipse visible since 1918. Here's more exciting sky stuff that will happen in 2017 https://www.wired.com/2016/12/biggest-space-news-l...

Music: Upcoming albums: Avril Lavigne, Train, Big Sean, Nelly Furtado, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Eminem, Ariana Grande's tour, Justin Bieber's Stadium tour, Blake Shelton's tour, Bruno Mars' tour, The Weeknd's tour, Guns N' Roses' tour, New Kids on the Block, Boyz II Men and Paula Abdul's combined tour, and hopefully many more new music from other artists!

Shows: Lady Gaga's halftime show at the Superbowl, Move Beyond Tour with Julianne and Derek Hough, Chris Rock's Comedy Show, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, This Is Us, Empire, Scandal, Hopefully Pitch and Girl Meets World is coming back to TV! Golden Globes with Jimmy Fallon and obviously all the new shows and movies that will be coming to Netflix in 2017.

Basics: your dentist and doctor appointments, March Madness, Award Shows, your birthday, holidays, your health (hopefully you become healthier), food, hopefully more on the right path with women's rights and LGBTQ's rights, spending another year with the ones you love.

So no matter what kind of year you had, think positively going into the next. Make this your best year yet.