Good American is More Than Another Celebrity Brand

Good American is changing the path of the fashion industry. Are you ready for it?

66

It seems like every time you log onto Instagram you see another celebrity brand come out of nowhere. You roll your eyes and think, "who in the world is going to fall for this bogus?"

This is not a new trend. Celebrity brands have been around for quite some time now and have no sign of slowing down. Celebrities have brought us everything from perfume, cookware, apparel, and even food. You imagine it, there's probably a celebrity brand for it.

In October 2016, Khloe Kardashian and Emma Grede launched a denim line called GOOD AMERICAN. Whether you've heard of this or not, it's time to get familiar.

"GOOD AMERICAN is designed for a curvier, sexier and stronger shape."

The exact words from their website. I get what you're thinking... "Great another pair of expensive jeans that I real people won't even be able to wear." WRONG. Khloe and Emma decided to break the rules of sizing in the fashion industry for women. Women struggle daily with finding a size that works. One of the great things about being a woman is each of us have a unique body type, but for some reason, the fashion industry thinks there is a 'standard' to a woman's body. GOOD AMERICAN is here to crush the standard.

The brand offers denim, active wear, shapewear, and staple tops that every girl deserves in their closet. There is no "regular" or "plus size". Their sizes run 00 - 24. This creates the shopping experience for women of all shapes and sizes a more inexclusive experience. They did their research and noticed most women return jeans in sizes 14-16, so they solved the problem by creating a size 15. To most, this might sound like a silly idea but this simple number has boosted sales and created loyal and happy customers.

Not only does GOOD AMERICAN have a diverse sizing chart, but their models and promoters are also able to relate to the fit, and not because they are a size 00. These women are ranging from that size 0 to a size 32. Most brands may offer more curvy sizes, but do not offer a curvy model to show off the product. If a consumer is a size 32, but the model is a size 00, how are they suppose to picture themselves in the jean? They don't. And they simply don't buy. This is why GOOD AMERICAN'S marketing and social media has killed the game and crushed sales.

Khloe Kardashian has not only created an empire for herself, but has given women of all sizes the opportunity to feel like a million bucks without spending it. She has changed the way companies have gone about sizing, marketing, and promotion. It is now about feeling confident in what you wear, not about what number is on the tag.