If Nobody Told You Good Morning Today, Read This

Ladies, If A Boy Didn’t Text You 'Good Morning' Today, Please Know This

I hope you find your self worth and appreciation in something other than two words on a message projected on a screen.

1448
https://pixabay.com/en/morning-bedroom-bed-door-girl-1850893/

Waking up every morning to a new day should be something you look forward to.

Perhaps something miraculous will happen to you at the least expected moment. Perhaps that test you've been stressing out for the past week won't be as hard as you imagined it to be. Perhaps your day will be just as amazing as you are.

Sadly, in our millennial culture today, we instead look forward to waking up every morning…to a Good Morning text from our significant others.

I know, it's different from any other "Good Morning" you get.

It's not the same from the one you get from a bus driver on your morning commute, from a coworker at the beginning of a morning shift or from a professor when he starts his 9am lecture.

Granted, a Good Morning text is like an indirect sign of respect. Something that makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside because let's face it—we all want to be thought of and cared about. We all want a boy who wakes up every morning to groggily rub his eyes while typing that "Good Morning, How'd you sleep" text for you.

It makes us feel loved and appreciated. That someone, somewhere out there believes in me and is wishing me (yes, plain old me) a blessed morning. Sometimes it makes all the difference in the world...

Instant gratification. Something that not even coffee can make up for.

I once fell victim to this trap hole of a mood killer. In fact, I personally thought that my day officially didn't start until this boy's did. I looked forward to it every morning from the moment I woke up, got dressed for the day and sat through lecture/work. I, too, once felt that instant tug at my heart when my phone lit up with that notification. Anything bad that already happened in my day would just vanish with those two words.

Great, I would think. My day is now beginning.

But when things turned sour in the relationship, and we parted ways, I felt more empty inside without that daily Good Morning text. I already felt hurt, lonely and betrayed but on top of that—I woke up believing that my day was already going to be awful, before it even started.

Call me crazy. (Because I am) But I just missed having someone to lighten up my gloomy day with something as simple and minuscule as a text.

Not anymore. Why? Because I've realized I'm worth more than what I thought I meant to this particular boy and I know that my day is worth more than what a simple text message can make of it.

So, for those of you like me who didn't have that special someone to tell you "Good Morning" today, I want you to know this.

First and foremost: You deserve to have a good day today. Not just a "Good Morning", but a wonderful one where things will turn out how you want them. Regardless of who's thinking of you this morning and who's waking up from a dream about you, that will not change how your day is going to start.

I hope your morning coffee is made just the way you like it.

That your morning commute is less of a headache and more of an enjoyment.

I hope that the test you studied for won't be as hard as you expected, and that the essay you're about to turn in will be appreciated for the hard work it was put into.

I hope that you won't anxiously stare at your phone the whole morning waiting for it to light up because it won't.

I hope you find your self worth and appreciation in something other than two words on a text message projected on a screen.

Just because someone isn't around you to appreciate all your beauty and flaws, it does not mean you don't deserve happiness and joy in your day. Trust me—there's more to love than that. There's more that a special someone can offer to you, when the time is right.

So get out there, and be the queen you are.

Conquer your day and assure yourself:

It's going to be a good morning today.