5 Solid Reasons The More Friends You Have, The Better Life Is

Sometimes having more than one friend can be a good thing.

246
Public Domain Image

As a person who is not really big on having a whole lot of friends, or associates, it is good to have a little more than two people as friends. As I go through life and see a lot of people hanging out with various people and making plans with various friends I say to myself, “There goes a person that does not have to make Facebook their friend, or have to go to Facebook or twitter to find friends."

Here are some of the benefits of having numerous friends. Yes, at the end I will also mention some drawbacks because people can say I am your friend, but you only have ONE TRUE friend.

1. More People To Talk To

When you have more people “in your corner,” you are able to vent to more people without any judgment or condemnation. We all need people who are willing to back us up when we know in our hearts that we are right, even when others are telling us we are wrong.

2. No More Being Bored On Weekends

This is more geared towards the younger readers who do not have a lot of obligations or responsibilities. When we are done taking care of our various paperwork, housework, errands or even at the end of a work shift on a Friday or Saturday night, we are more often than not, looking for something to do, and we want those type of friends who we can text to come and hang out.

Again, this is for the younger readers because I am 25, and I have so many responsibilities that I often have to turn down friends who ask to hang out.

3. More Text/Phone Buddies

Often, we see things out in the streets or at work that we cannot share with just anyone. When we have a good amount of friends, we are able to determine what friend would like to see what.

For example, if we have friends with a sense of humor and we see something that is funny, we can text that person and say, “look what I just saw, you are going to find this funny” or if we have friends who are more intellectual, but not boring, they will turn a simple message into a two hour lesson, we may find something that they may find interesting, and we text them. With more friends, even yourself will be exposed to more things in this world.

4. More options for advice

Sometimes we struggle with major life decisions, and the number one thing I suggest is prayer, and leaving it there. However, for those that do not consider that an option, the more opinions that you have, the better. If you have one or two opinions that line up with your own thoughts and feelings, your answer will become clear. The only thing I would advise against is, the more people you have in your ear, the more confusing it becomes to separate the bad advice from the good advice so be careful of that fact.

5. More People looking out for your success

The more friends you have, the better chance of finding more people who would be willing to write letters of recommendations or speak to their supervisors on your behalf. I can use myself as a personal example.

I recently had a friend offer me their help as I am trying to find work, and they are in the middle of “seeing what they can do” as far as finding a place for me on their team. This is a prime example of what I meant when I said if you have more friends, you have a better chance of landing a job or even a home or car as they will be able to refer you to good dealerships, or realtors.

There are plenty of perks of having friends and people to talk to, and I am happy for those who have a good amount of friends or people to talk to. I want to, however, give advice to those who are looking for more friends or already have a good amount of people to talk to.

Be careful because not everyone is your friend. There are some who pretend to be on your side and talk to you only to later embarrass you. Also, as you go through life, you will find out that you and your “friends” do not share the same interest and your friendship starts to fade. We all only one true friend, and I suggest all readers evaluate your friends and see who is your one true friend, and who is not.