Feeling Good Enough Is Not The Answer

To The Girl Who Doesn't Feel Good Enough

"Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve." - J. K. Rowling

207

As it starts to get into the colder months, I always notice that I am more down on myself. Whether it be with my mental state, how I look or how I treat myself overall. This made me come to the realization that a ton of other girls feels like this almost every day, and that is not okay. We are beautiful and amazing creatures that need to think more of the badass women that we are.

To the girl who feels as though she is not good enough:

You are worthy of so much love, positivity, and happiness. It does not matter what it is. You are you. You are unique. No one can be you and you cannot be anyone else. There is a reason that you are you and that you are here. You are beautiful. You are worthy of more than you think that you. Who else can be a shoulder to cry on? Talk to late at night? Or even go to when your friends have no one else to go to? Not to mention all of the extracurricular things that you probably do. Like a job? Or writing in your journal or for a company like Odyssey.

You are a human being. Your feelings are validated. You have every right to be sad, happy, mad or whatever feeling you have that day. But in the end, remember that there is no one like you. You are so unique. There are no two things that are completely identical. The energy that you bring to this world has nothing on anything else.

Grades, weight, and beauty do not define who you are. You define who you are as a person. You have the ability to make yourself known. To put yourself out there. To get the attention of the boy or girl that you like. To look fricken cute every day or a complete mess.

Whether you have had a moment and need space to work on your mental health or just need a break from everything, know that that is completely okay.

There are so many women who look down on themselves because that is what society has taught us. It seems as though our generation is doing a better job at uplifting others, but what about ourselves? Yes, the self-deprecating jokes can be funny at times, but the more negative you are towards yourself the more apparent that becomes. Not to mention it is not healthy to think so negatively of oneself. So speak up to yourself. Society may tell you every once in a while that you are not enough, but in the end, it is up to you on whether or not you want to agree.

Do that thing you have never thought you would do. Join new clubs. Talk to the cute boy that sits in the corner of your class. Do a new task every day. Write down how you feel.

But do not put yourself into a bubble and think negatively toward yourself. You are capable of so much potential and if you do not push yourself towards it, then what can you amount to?