Going Naked

Going Naked

Let your smile radiate your face, not your products.

27
Going Naked
Lisa Thompson

In the shuffle of moving into my condo, it has been rather tricky getting situated and organized in my new place. One particular morning, I am rushing to make it work on the snow covered roads(#PureMichigan), as I am drying my hair with one hand and changing the song on Spotify with another. I noticed I didn’t have my make-up bag. I knew, running short on time, I wouldn’t be able to drive back to the condo to put make up on. My mom saved the day with her foundation, which was definitely 2 shades too dark for my skin, and a brand new mascara she got in a Clinique gift with purchase kit. So I was out the door and off to work.

This got me to thinking...

What would have happened if I wore no make-up?

I would still be a functioning human all day, in and out of meetings, answering emails and building social media content. Absolutely nothing would have been different during my day. My look that day without eyeliner or the correct foundation didn’t change or impact the outcome of my day.

It challenged me to really think about what is important in life, why did something so materialistic turn my morning into a tailspin?

Now I know, make-up isn’t horrible; it has its benefits. I am just like most girls out there; I enjoy make-up and feeling “pretty”.

But I challenge you to consider going naked, let your smile radiate your face, not your products. My whole morning was ruined because I didn’t have the proper products to put on my face, looking back its pretty silly. Your confidence has the power to show through on your face with or without make-up, work it girl.

Make-up or no make-up, be your best beautiful self.