10 Reasons Going Home For The Weekend During College Is Actually A Power Move

Everyone loves going out with their friends and going to football games on the weekends, but going home every once in a while is something that everyone needs to do, even if it is for a day.

65

We always say when we are in high school that we will never go home on the weekends, that we will spend our free time with our newly-found friends hitting the town, going to football games or just shopping at the mall, but here are 10 reasons why you should go home every now and then.

1. It's good to sleep in a bed that ISN'T a twin bed.

Everyone hates the dorm room twin-XL bed. Don't lie to yourself. It was good for the first semester of freshman year, but after that, it just becomes the devil.

2. You did not pack all of the clothes you needed.

Or you packed too many clothes and you need to take a load home. The fall is especially tricky when trying to shuffle clothes back and forth from school, as the weather is so unpredictable.

3. A home-cooked meal is what everyone needs after a long week.

The dining halls can be a great place to study and socialize, but nothing will beat your mom or grandma's cooking, and going home gives them an excuse to cook.

​4.  You get to take a bath.

For those who live in dorms with community showers- going home and soaking in the bath is exactly what the doctor ordered.

5. Going to a high school football game is still fun after you graduate.

Just do not be that person who sits in the student section or who lingers by the field trying to relive your glory days of high school — they are gone.

6. You don't have to worry about your roommate keeping you up late.

And, you don't have to worry if she brings home a friend or not.

7. It's good to see your grandparents and cousins if they live close by.

Even though you may not live with them, they still miss you and are adjusting to you being gone.

8. Grabbing dinner with old friends is fun to catch up on life.

Especially if you go out of state or far from your hometown, having coffee or getting dinner with your friends from school is always good to bring you back to center.

9. Your dogs miss you.

Dog love is true love, and a good cuddle on the couch with your pooch is the best way to de-stress after a hard exam.

10. Your mom misses you.

And honestly you miss her too. Mom hugs fix all of the pain and the stress that college can bring.

If you are one of the fortunate ones that can go home on weekends, without having to fly or drive hours on end, then go home whenever it works with your schedule. One day you will be thankful for the time you got to spend with them as a "grown-up" college kid. You will realize that you miss them as much as they miss you.