Going Home For Summer

10 Of The Best Things About Going Home For Summer

As much as I love school, I love home even more.

78

Since starting college, I have a newfound love for going home that I never thought I would have. I truly appreciate my hometown, and I didn't realize that I would miss it as much as I do when I'm away at college. Here are 10 of the best things about going home, in my opinion.

1. Friends

It feels so good to see your hometown friends after not seeing them for what feels like years. You never realize just how much you missed them until you're back home.

2. Family

Just like friends, you really don't know how much you miss them until you're back home. After all, you have a bond like no other.

3. Home-cooked meals

If you're anything like me, you don't know the last time you had a meal that wasn't frozen beforehand or bought at a restaurant. Home-cooked meals are the BEST.

4. All of your stuff is in one place

Only having some of your stuff while you're at college is incredibly inconvenient (at least for me). It's so disheartening when you realize you left something at home that you really wanted to wear!

5. FOOD

Going home also means that you know all of the restaurants in the area. Some of these restaurants may not be where you go to college (cough cough In-n-Out), so when you're back home, that's what you eat immediately.

6. Sleep

Once you're home, that means zero school responsibilities. No school means more sleep!

7. No responsibilites

Going off of more sleep, there are more days when you have no responsibilities at all when you're home. It is so much more relaxed and you can get away with doing nothing without being criticized for it.

8. PETS

If you have pets then this means that you get to see them all the time now! You can love on them all you want, no matter how much they hate it.

9. Less spending of your own money

When you're home, you have access to free food, free laundry, and many other things you would have to otherwise pay for if you weren't home. Also, when you all go out to eat a meal together, guess who doesn't have to pay for it (now that I've written this I'll probably have to pay for it)!

10. Catching up on shows

You can FINALLY watch everything that you've had to put on the back-burner because of school. It's a great time to be alive.

Now, excuse me while I go binge-watch every show I've missed out on.