20 Goals for 2020 That Everyone Should Have On Their List

There are many that not only can be accomplished, but can also be fun to accomplish too.

117

As we close on not only another year, but another decade, most people are listing their goals for the coming year they want to accomplish. Most of those goals would be the usual goals we see every year, such as go to the gym more regularly or be a better person than they were the previous year, but there are many that not only can be accomplished, but can also be fun to accomplish too. For the year 2020, here are twenty New Year's goals for everyone.

1. Improve You Concentration

Many people tend to not think about improving their concentration, especially those who are out of school. When your concentration is improved, you will get more done and overall, you will feel better and more accomplished. Improving your concentration can also be a massive improvement on your mental health too.

2. Earn More Money

This can be difficult for a lot of people, especially for people who work minimum wage jobs and live paycheck to paycheck, but this can be accomplished with the power of the internet. With all new ways to make money through the internet and lots of side jobs and freelance opportunities available, being able to earn more money can make you feel like king or queen of the world.

3. Be More Polite to Everyone

They say attitude is contagious, and this also applies to politeness. Most people have forgotten their manners in recent years, so being polite to someone can go a long way for many people. Manners are also different in many countries, so maybe take the time to learn about proper etiquette in different culture, so the next time you travel there, you will be informed on what their etiquette standards are.

4. Read More Books

This one can be a bit hard to commit to, especially considering the fact that there is so much literature surrounding us it is hard to know where to start. Try narrowing it down a bit by making a list of books you want to read, and maybe look up some books that interest you the most.

5. Find a Significant Other

This one depends on the person, because not everyone will be interested in finding a significant other. For those who are, finding one takes lots of trial and error. Not everyone is fit for everyone, but once you do find the one you want to be with, the magic will be made on its own.

6. Have Better Sex

This one also depends on the person since everyone's interests when it comes to sexual expression varies. This is also all about communication, because you and your significant other will not know what each other wants if you do not communicate. Maybe try new things to spice things up a little bit in the bedroom, and see what works and what does not.

7. Revamp Your Style

Most of us are considered to be the "lazy" generation, and wear nothing but sweats or a t-shirt when we do not have to do anything that requires a fancy or professional getup. You can change that by finding a style that works for you and wearing that style to any casual outing you may have with your friends.

8. Reconnect With The People That Matter

With everyone's lives being so busy, it can be hard to reconnect with the people you have not been in touch with in a long time. Finding time to reconnect with the people that matter in your lives can be a big boost to your mental health, and you will be surprised to see how much you still have in common.

9. Pay Off Your Debt A Little Bit Faster

Getting our of debt is a difficult feat, especially for people from low-income households and putting rising interest rates in the mix. Think about how much credit you are using every month, and think about how that correlates to how much you are being paid every month. With that in mind, think about a maximum payment you can use to pay your debt every month. This can get you out of a financial rut and can make your life more organized in the long run.

10. Learn a New Language

Learning a new language can seem a bit difficult at first, but with many apps such as Rosetta Stone and Duolingo, learning a new language has become easier and less intimidating. Take a little bit of time each day to learn a little bit of your language of interest at a time. You will be amazed at what you can say.

11. Volunteer More

There are lots of ways to help out in your community, such as volunteering at a soup kitchen, a political rally you are interested in, and many school and food drives you can donate to. Find some volunteer opportunities in your area and help out in many different ways.

12. Adopt a Pet

Lots of people want to have a pet to complete their home, so why not think about adopting a pet from a shelter? There are many pets in shelters that are in need of homes, so why not find one that fits your style and take them in your home? Giving fur babies a home for the new year can make your home a happier one too.

13. Learn How to Be More Self-Reliant

With the economy not being kind to the twenty-somethings of the decade, being independent has become more of a challenge than it has been in the past. Finding ways to be more independent, such as paying off your own loans, learning how to cook for yourself, or scheduling your own appointments, can be a great start.

14. Turn Your Hobby Into a Career

When you are able to turn a hobby you love to do into a career, many great things will come with it. Turning the hobby you have right now, such as blogging or creating videos, into you career can not only help you make a stable income with what you love doing, but can also be a massive mental health booster since most of our mental issues can be stemmed from overworking ourselves and burnout.

15. Learn to Control Your Emotions

Mental illnesses affect a lot of people, and because of that, it can be difficult for them to control their emotions. With the proper medication and therapy, being able to control your emotions can be easier than you thought it was, and you will end up being a better person in the long run because of it.

16. Learn More About Art, Music, and Culture

Art, music, and culture are an important part of our society. Without it, our lives would not be filled with any meaning whatsoever. Maybe think about going to a local art museum or a small, independent concert in your area and discover new art and music to get into. It is not only fun, but you can learn something new from it too.

17. Learn How to Defend Yourself

Let's be honest, the world is filled with sick people. Sometimes, we may feel like we cannot defend ourselves from them properly. Think about taking a few self-defense courses in your area and practice everything you learned. Not only you will learn skills that will make you safer, but it will be a massive confidence boost.

18. Start Being More Creative

There is no right or wrong way to express your creativity, so why not go ahead and find ways to be creative that suit you the best? Has there been a book you have been dying to write? Some art you wanted to create for a long time? A blog you want to start? Go right ahead; the sky's the limit.

19. Start Expressing Yourself Artistically

While many people have a more logical and scientific mind, they can still express themselves artistically too. There are lots of ways to express oneself in an artistic manner, and like I said in the previous point, there is no right or wrong way to express yourself in that way.

20. Face Your Insecurities

Everybody has something they are insecure about, but nobody really knows how to face them properly. Think of what you are insecure about and find some ways you can face those insecurities head on. You will be surprised as to what you can accomplish by facing your biggest insecurities.