13 Things I Want To Accomplish Before The End of The Decade

With the end of 2019 and the end of the decade just around the corner, there's still so much I want to do, here are just 13 things I'd like to accomplish by the end of the decade.

151

The end of 2019 is just around the corner and with the end of 2019, the end of the decade. From small to big, there are still lots of things that I want to accomplish by the end of the year. In this listicle I'll go over just 13 of those things with you.

Finish "Friends" before it leaves Netflix

"Friends" is a classic sitcom that I have always meant to watch in it's entirety and then never got the chance. Well, every month Netflix sees an exchange in what programming stays on it's streaming service and what programming goes. "Friends" will be leaving January 1st, 2020 so it's time to finish up the 90's/early 2000's sitcom and move onto other programming.

Finish "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman

These past few months, I have been entrenched in a novel of epic proportions, both in terms of the story being told as well as the size of the book. Gaiman's "American Gods" has over 700 pages and while I'm finding the read enjoyable, I don't want to carry it into the next decade with me.

List Accomplishments For The Decade

As I mentioned before, we won't just be saying goodbye to 2019, but to the 2010's as well. I'd like to take a quiet moment for myself and list some of the incredible things that I accomplished during the decade. A few off the top of my head: I graduated both high school and college in the same decade. I also published content with The Odyssey Online. Wow!

Have Fifty Bucks In Savings

One of several goals on this list that we should always have. However, it would be nice to start off 2020 with a little extra cash in my saving's account to grow on. Fifty dollars seems like a nice round number and I am so close, yet so far.

Finish "Neir: Automata" 

One more piece of media that I would like to finish. I had begun a playthrough of Playstation's "Neir: Automata" and I have yet to see it through to it's conclusion. I think that it would go against the game's themes to leave it unfinished.

Write Down Three Hundred Sixty Five Things I'm Thankful For

Taking a moment of reflection at the end of the year just seems right. I'm going to take a moment to write down 365 things that I'm thankful for, one for each day of the year. Things are often more beautiful when you look at them in hindsight, after all.

Set Three Hundred Sixty Five Goals 

Just as I would like to stop and take stock for everything I'm thankful for from over the course of the year, I'm also going to take a moment to set some goals for the next one. There are always places to go and things to improve on.

Pan a Makeup Product

These past few years, I've been taking a close look at what I purchase, and how I use it. I've done my best (and done rather well I might add) to curb some of my more materialistic habits. That being said, I'd like to close out the decade by panning, or completely using up all of one more makeup product.

Rehome 5 Things

Marie Kondo recently blessed us with her phrase,"Does this spark joy?". I seem to be constantly surrounded by clutter and things that I've collected over the years. As we move into a new year, I'm going to take a serious look at some of the things I own and ask myself if I really need them. I'd like to donate at least 5 things and help them find a home where they can bring another household more joy and wonder than they do now.

Workout

I told myself that I was going to work out so much more during 2019. While I was certainly healthier in my exercise and food habits, I didn't work out as much as I would have liked to this year. Why not one more Yoga or Zumba class before the ball drops?

Clean Up For a Fresh Start

With a brand new year coming, I don't want to start it off in a cluttered, disorganized mess. Ahem. Like my room is currently. I'm going to do my best to make sure I have a clean, peaceful living space to come back to at the start of 2020.

Tell My Friends/Family  I Love Them

This is something that people just don't do enough. And that includes me. While we should always find the time to say what we feel, if there ever was a special occasion for it, it's the end of the year.

Submit A Grad School App

While I may have graduated both high school and college in the same decade, I'm still feeling like there is more schooling to be done. I've been struggling with these graduate school apps for a while now and I'd like to say goodbye to at least one more this year.

From Your Site Articles