Giving My Thanks

Giving My Thanks

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."

17
Giving My Thanks
Cornerstone Church

It's nearly here!

That time of year where we all sit around big tables with our families and make little speeches about what we're thankful for.

This is my absolute favorite holiday, guys. I am so beyond blessed in my life.

I'm blessed to be able to be sitting in my room, at home with both my parents while I'm typing this article right now.

I'm blessed to have been able to talked to my older brother and my niece today.

I'm blessed that my grandparents are healthy and well.

I'm blessed to know that the loved ones that have left this earthly world are looking down at me from Heaven with our God.

I'm blessed to have a God that continues to love and forgive me even though I let Him down.

I'm blessed to have a large and amazing family that support me in the decisions I've made; even when they haven't been the best decisions.

I'm blessed to have met some amazing people who have lightened my life through letting me into theirs.

I'm blessed to be able to share my blessings with all of you right now.

I suppose I should change all of those "blessed" to "thankful." I'm thankful for those blessings: for the blessings that have been undeservedly been bestowed upon me. I'll never understand why I deserve these things, but I'm not sure that I'm supposed to understand it all. God has loved me and all of us since before we even existed on this planet. His unyielding love is the biggest blessing that has ever been bestowed upon me.

In Isaiah 49:16, we're assured: "See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me." And John 10:28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." With these two simple, little verses, God has declared that we're part of Him. We're permanent ornaments of His skin and He will not allow us to be taken from Him. How amazing! How spectacular to actually be a part of the perfection and greatness that is our God Almighty.

I am thankful for the life God has made for me. I'm thankful, most of all, for my parents and my older brother and my niece. With these four other people, I know that we can conquer absolutely anything. It's us against the world. Always. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt, God knew that I was going to need their wisdom, strength, understanding and love throughout this life. I have absolutely no idea what I would do without them.

This holiday season, I just wanted to express my utmost appreciation to my Father for giving me this life. This life and every single person, trial, triumph, obstacle and victory that He's given me. Thank you, God, for everything you do for my family and I each and every day.