Giving Much Need Thanks

Giving Much Need Thanks

Thank you to everyone who has helped me get this far in life.

27
Giving Much Need Thanks

Thanksgiving isn't just about turkey, mashed potatoes (very excited for them however), corn, and cranberries. It is a time to recognize what you have, what you are thankful for, and who you are thankful for. My family goes around the table so that everyone can give their thanks before eating the delicious food my family has come together to cook. This year, I would like to write it down and suggest to everyone reading this, that you as well write down what you are thankful for. You'd be surprised at how many things and people you are truly thankful for.

1.) My Family

I am beyond thankful for each and everyone of them. I am thankful for my younger sister who, no matter the situation, can make anyone and everyone laugh. She is probably the happiest person I know for all the shit she has gone through. I am thankful for both my younger brothers. Brendan, though he past quite a few years ago, has taught be to live each day as I want to because you never know what will happen. And Malone has taught me that despite where and what you have come from, you can do great things. Thank you mom. Without you I might not have the confidence to pursue what I want. She has taught me that women can do just as much, if not more and better, as men. Thank you dad. You have taught me to appreciate the beauty this world holds. Every sunset and sunrise hold a different beauty and meaning. Thank you for pushing me to succeed and go beyond what I think I am capable of.

2.) My Friends

Few and far between, but the closest to my heart. Each and everyone of you brings something different and exciting to my life. Thank you for always providing a shoulder to cry on and a voice of reason when it seems to dark to see. Thank you for grieving alongside me with every lose and cheering me on with every success. To my roommate- thank you for letting me sleep with the window open even if it is below freezing outside. To my housemates- thank you for dealing with my rowdiness, overexcitement, eating the food I cook even if it may have burned a little bit, and hugging me when I cry over nothing. To my high school friends- I love you just as much as I did when we were covered in acne and bonding over skiing and hating high school. I miss you when I am at school even though you guys are just a text away. I get excited for every break just to see you two. To my friend who is abroad- get back here I miss you. Hope you're having the time of your life, but you are needed by my side. I feel incomplete without you eating jalapeño poppers next to me. To my best guy friend: thank you for answering my drunk facetime calls at two am when I'm crying on the bathroom floor because I cracked my phone. You quote "Mean Girls" with me and "Heathers" on the daily which I very much appreciate. You show me the best movies and always manage to make me laugh. To my friends far away and who I seldom talk to- I appreciate you and everything you do for me. It is true that we barely see each other and don't keep in constant contact, however, that doesn't devalue our friendship. You're there whenever I need you and for that I truly appreciate you. When we do see each other it is as if we were together the day before. No time has past. All these bonds, I hold close to my heart.

3.) My Education

So many people in this world aren't offered the same opportunities as I am and so I am very much grateful for my opportunity to succeed in anything I want to. I am pursuing an education license so that hopefully one day I can spread education to those who aren't offered it. I love soaking up other peoples knowledge and listening to others speak and share their ideas. I value everyone who has put effort and energy into spreading their wisdom and knowledge onto me.

4.) My Health

I am so fortunate that I was born without any medical problems and that I haven't been diagnosed with anything life-treating. So many people aren't lucky like this and so many people's lives have been taken too soon. Thank you to whomever or whatever that has allowed me to live unattached to a hospital. My brother wasn't so fortunate which makes me value my life and health even more.

5.) Me

I am thankful for myself and everything I do for myself. This might seem conceded, but it is important to value and thank yourself. In our society, self-love, self-respect, and knowing your self-worth is rare. I may be a procrastinator, get in occasional trouble, and eat junk food for dinner more often than not, but all that makes me me. I love myself and want to spread self-love. Thank you Cat for being who you are. Thank you for loving yourself despite everything that has happened and thank you for keep moving forward even in the hardest times. I appreciate myself and everything I do.