Ladies, This Is Why You Need To Give The Nice Guy A Chance

There are actually guys out there who want a genuine relationship with a nice girl like you.

3033
Unsplash

For starters, I do not mean the creepy guy that stalks you on the internet and whines about how no girls want to be with him.

I do not mean the guys that shoot back with "You're not even that hot anyway..." after you tell them you're just not interested.

No girls, I am not talking about those guys.

I am talking about the guys that genuinely give a shit. The guys that open the car door for you, walk you to the front porch after a date night, and call you to make sure you've made it to your destination safely. They remind you how beautiful you are on a regular basis. You are a priority, not an option.

They're rare, genuine, and worth the wait. They appear when you least expect it. (Or even want it!)

They will never make you question your own worth.. There's never any pressure. There's never any doubt. These men don't play games or make you just another notch on their bed post.

Girls, listen up.

You won't find them easily, but they do exist; and not amongst the douche bags you found at college frat parties. Sorry.

The whole bad boy vibe seems fun, but rarely are those guys ever interested in just you. Those boys just don't care about you or your feelings.

Sorry, someone had to say it.

Nice guys may or may not be super smooth or charming. They may be awkward. They probably don't know all the right things to say, and that's not a bad thing.

All too often I feel like girls expect guys to be perfect. We hold such high standards, and when these standards are not met, we throw everything in the garbage. It's bullshit. Perhaps we should start being a little more open-minded, huh?

Stop kicking nice men to the curb to make room for egotistical tool bags with only one thing in mind. (And in case you're not following, I'm not talking about your feelings!)

Picture-perfect relationships don't exist, so stop turning to Twitter and Facebook to fill an idea of what a relationship should be.

Not every guy has rock-hard abs, a charming personality, or tons of money. None of that shit matters. Do you know what really matters?

Encouragement. Reassurance. Loyalty. Chivalry. Kindness.

What matters is he's there when you're sobbing uncontrollably, (probably over something dumb as hell), and you look terrible and your makeup is smeared but he's wiping your tears anyway.

What matters is that he takes the time to make you happy even if it involves doing something that may inconvenience him.

What matters is that he wants to spend time with you, and not just for physical reasons. He genuinely just enjoys having your company.

Men who truly care for you will show it and never make you feel like you owe them anything.

If you have a guy who is willing to take care of you, make you laugh, and love you unconditionally, then you are golden. Don't take that for granted. Don't think material things matter.

They don't.

So please, for the love of all good things...give the nice guy a chance.