When You Give A Girl A Nana

When You Give A Girl A Nana

The bond between a Nana and her granddaughter is something special.

406
Madi Breunig

When you give a girl a Nana, you give her someone to love her unconditionally. Someone who embraces every flaw and turns it into love. Someone to be patient with her and love her despite being frustrated. Someone who teaches her what it is to love deeply and fully.

When you give a girl a Nana, you give her someone to laugh with. Whether it’s over the can of shoulder pads you found in her closet, or while teaching her how to use her cellphone, laughter is a powerful gift that brings people together.

When you give a girl a Nana, you give her someone to learn from. She will soak everything in— the way she cooks, her passion for baseball, her caring nature and quick wit. These are all qualities that she one day hopes to see in herself, and maybe, pass down to her own granddaughter.

When you give a girl a Nana, you give her someone to spoil her. Not necessarily with material things (although sometimes Nana’s do that, too), but with sweets and games and fun. After all, if mom and dad say no— ask Nana. She will never walk away hungry. A cookie or two (or five) won’t hurt every once in awhile.

When you give a girl a Nana, you give her someone to admire. You give her a role model that she can only hope to live up to. Someone who shows selflessness and love for everyone she meets. Someone who teaches her to put family first. Someone who teaches her that life is about so much more than yourself.

When you give a girl a Nana, you give her someone to take care of her. Whether she’s sick or happy or sad, Nana will be there through it all. She never fails to be around when you need her. She shares your sorrows and celebrates your joys. She is an unwavering source of strength and support. She is a constant in her grandchildren’s lives, and they wouldn’t want it any other way.

When you give a girl a Nana, you give her a best friend. Someone to call on the phone between classes. Someone to go on adventures with. Someone who is always up for a sleepover. Someone who loves you despite your mistakes. Someone who loved you from the moment they met you.

And no matter how old she gets, the love between a girl and her Nana is unmatched.