5 Reasons Even The Indoor Types Should Give Gardening A Chance

Even if you don't have a green thumb, here are five reasons you should start gardening.

11
Clemson Outdoor Lab

Browsing the internet and all of its social medias can get boring after a while. For those of you nurturers who would love another outlet, look no further. Try gardening!

1. It's insanely therapeutic.

It's like having a pet that doesn't poop and pee everywhere and instead you get to slowly admire as it sprouts new leaves, new buds, and whatever else. Just starting off with one plant and doing it well will end up leading you to a world of gardening, and before you know it you'll have 10 plants, or 15.

2. Gardening is very rewarding.

It's a slow process of course, but that's what makes it rewarding. Some people will argue that they just don't have a green thumb -- most of the time, those people are just impatient. Gardening teaches you that patience. Once you get to see a little sprout flourish into a massive plant with flowers all over it, then you will understand. The key is just accepting the wait, and in due time your beautiful plant will surprise you!

3. It's super great for the environment.

You can always have plants, all year long thanks to indoor cooling and heating. Growing your own plants, fruits, and vegetable may not supply your needs at first, but over time you'll see how convenient your plants are. Matter of fact, I was making a margarita pizza the other day and realized that my basil plant had tons of leaves to donate to my cause. I plucked a few and cooked it onto my pizza and man, the basil just tasted delicious.

Especially without all the processing and traveling that my basil didn't do. This helps out on waste, it helps out the oxygen supplies in our air -- there a million environment benefits that come from nurturing your own plant baby.

4. You could save a great amount of money over time by just having a few of your favorite vegetables growing in your garden.

Cherry tomatoes, basil, cucumbers, squash, the choices are endless. By eating from your own garden, you're not throwing dollars and cents here and there for overpriced produce, I mean have you seen the price of avocados? And now with all of the advancements that the gardening innovators of the world have given us, there are hundreds of ways to grow these sorts of fruits and vegetables indoors in the coldest or hottest of climates.

Burn your finger? Rub some aloe on it from your aloe plant. Need some tea? Grab some eucalyptus and lemon and make a relaxing cup. Having essential plants around saves you a ton of waste and money, but mostly wasting your money.

5. And finally, having a garden is just pretty.

There's something so aesthetically pleasing about greenery in and around your living space. It's natural, and mother nature's gifts are absolutely great to have around. One plant could change up an entire room. Your little garden outside could make your dingy yard something far more interesting. Potted plants and planted plants, they're all gorgeous because they bring life to the room. They are quite literally living things that inhabit your space in the least invasive way possible and the effect they'll have on your mood and outlook on nature is undeniable.