Open Letter To The Girls My Ex Cheated On Me With

To The Girls My Ex Cheated On Me With, I Used To Hate You, But Now I Say Thank You

I'm not here to drop names or light a fire, I'm here to say a little more than that…

90

Now before you start thinking this is a sour article, why don't you just read a little more. I'm not here to drop names or light a fire, I'm here to say a little more than that…

You girls helped me in a way that everyone least expects, in the strangest way.

You knew he had a girlfriend, but you still did it, that I would never understand… but thank you anyway.

Thank you. It has taken me a while to get to the point where I am able to say that, but now I mean it. Thank you for making me realize I deserved so much better than I was getting. Thank you for finally giving me a reason to leave that I had been looking for for so long.

You gave me freedom—you saved me from many lies and pain that I wouldn't have to hear or feel any longer. Thank you.

Did I have hatred towards you? Did I despise both of you? Yes, there is no denying that. You and him both caused me a hell of a lot of pain, but if it weren't for that, I would not have found my happiness now.

I wouldn't have found my worth; I found happiness again. Although my trust may be weak, I have found someone who undoubtedly built it back up, who would never hurt me, and who would never sink to either one of your levels…

Thank you for proving my parents right and realizing I really should have listened before. Although I wish I would have listened a long time ago, thank you for making it to where I will forever and always trust what my parents say.

Thank you for finally giving me that reason to get out and leave, to find better. I'm afraid that if it wasn't for you then I might still be stuck in that toxic place.

Thank you for showing me that pain and that I am bigger than it. For bringing me to God and crying out to him wondering why me? Why wasn't I good enough or will I ever be? And then God sent me someone who he created just for me, who didn't make me feel weak or useless and loved to spend time with me and someone who I was enough for.

Without this absolute devastation, I never would have seen these happy days to come, I never would get to experience the joy I have now.

So thank you, thank you for breaking my heart and making me stronger than ever before.