7 Things Girls In Sororities Just Need To Stop Saying To Girls Who Aren't

Actually, we're OK that we aren't in one.
587080

Sorority girls: the epitome of the ultimate college experience for so many people. But for those of us who see ourselves spending our time in college a little differently, there are certain things that we are really sick of hearing.

Now, don't get me wrong — I totally get it.

You have the best big, and the greatest sisters, the cutest little, and have just fallen in love with your philanthropy cause. You cannot imagine your life without those letters across your chest and your sisters by your side. That's awesome and all, but some of us can imagine life like that just fine.

So, with all the love in the world for you ladies, from an outsider, here are a few things you gotta stop saying to your friends who have decided not to go #GoGreek.

1. Responding "Oh, that's OK!"

Same dang thing every time.

"Are you in a sorority?"

"No, I'm not."

"Oh, that's OK!"

While I know the intentions are good, people who are not in sororities do not need validation that their decision on how to spend their time and money is okay by you. Any of us who have made that choice know that there is nothing wrong with it.

2. Saying "All of my best friends are my sisters."

While I'm sure you are super close with girls in your sorority and spend a lot of time with them, if you have friends — especially close friends — who aren't Greek-affiliated be mindful of them before you go around posting everywhere "Rush ABC where I met all of my college friends."

Obviously, it's okay that you have met amazing friends in your sorority. But we exist, too.

3. Complaining endlessly about chapter rules to us.

Okay, admittedly, a little of this is good because sometimes hearing the crazy rules sororities have, affirms our decision not to rush.

Not to mention, we are your friends and hearing you vent is in the job-description.

However, we recognize better than anyone that this was a decision you made. Literally, no one is making you do this. And, not only is it a choice you made but you pay thousands of dollars to people who tell you what level-chunky your midnight black belt can be.

When you look it at it like that, it's just hard to feel bad sometimes. But, suit yourself.

4. Telling us that you're broke, too.

Reasons I'm not in a sorority: #1) I don't want to be. #2) I couldn't afford to be in one if even I did want to.

While this certainly isn't the case for everyone, these are very real reasons as to why I never chose to rush. On the rare occasion that I tell someone in a sorority those reasons, it grinds my gears to an extreme when they respond by telling me "Oh I'm so broke, too."

I appreciate the sympathy, but for real... I cannot afford those dues you pay. All the power to you if you can!

5. Dumbing everything down for us.

Shockingly, most of us do still know a thing or two about the Greek community around us - especially when our friends are involved.

So, when you say something about rush you don't need to preface by saying "In a sorority, we do a thing called rush..." I love learning about new things and I am interested in hearing about what my friends are up to, but please don't assume we don't know something ridiculously obvious to anyone on campus.

In those cases, just save your voice for recruitment...you'll need it.

6. 'Insulting' us at fraternities.

"But she isn't even in a sorority..." is not a reason why a guy should stop talking to a girl. Ladies, c'mon now. Sisters before misters applies to all of us - not just the sisters you're bound to by a few Greek symbols. I know fraternities are your domain, but we're all allowed to enjoy. But, let's be honest - would any of us want a guy who judges a girl just on that?

SEE ALSO: The 23 Srattiest Girl Names And What They Say About Each Girl

7. Assuming we don't like to have fun.

Believe me, we have fun. While we don't have mixers or date parties, I assure you we do know how to party. Whatever or whomever tells girls in sororities that girls who are not in ones don't go out or have fun is simply wrong. I'll leave it at that.

Again, I love my sorority friends and could not be more excited that they have found somewhere that makes them happy. I would just appreciate reciprocated happiness for my decision not to rush because that's what makes me happy!