going out with friends

8 Affirmations For The Girl Who Prefers To Stay In While Her Friends Go Out

You deserve to recharge!

182
Kathryn Hall

I'm an introvert. I always have been, and I probably always will be. Does that mean I constantly hate human interaction and never leave my room unless I have to? No. But it does mean I have to work a little harder than you extroverts to put myself out there. I gravitate towards extroverts, and the vast majority of my friends are extroverts, so they don't always understand why I don't constantly want to go out and be on the move.

For a while, I thought something was wrong with me, but I am definitely more in-tune with myself now. Whether you're an introvert or just someone who doesn't fit in with the party scene, you might find yourself needing some reassurance every once in a while.

Now, I'm not saying you should stay in every single weekend (even if that might be the easier thing to do) but I am saying that when you don't go out every once in a while, it is totally OK.

1. You need that self-care

relax

Whether you just want a night of Netflix or a bath or reading, or all of the above, you should do what you love. Take time for yourself and check in on how you're feeling. With the hustle and bustle of daily life, it can be easy to put everything before yourself.

2. There are plenty of other people out there like you.

It can be easy to feel like you're alone out there when you're having a night in and everyone else is out. You just have to remember that you're definitely not alone, and there are so many people who prefer staying in, or they were dragged out and are partying even though they don't want to, contrary to their social media posts. There are so many like-minded people out there!

3. You'll be a lot happier

better

Sometimes when you're constantly on the go, your energy levels get super low, and you can maybe be a little on edge. To others, you may seem grumpy, but those who know you know that you need time to be alone and get your energy back. Having that alone time will definitely be better for everyone involved because you will be a lot more cheerful.

4. You deserve to recharge

After a long week of exams and projects and club meetings, you definitely deserve some relaxation time. You've worked hard all week, so you've earned a night in for sure.

5. You won't miss that much

Even though it may seem like your friends that went out have tons of stories and are posting on Snapchat like crazy, keep in mind that there are plenty of other nights that are the same. Odds are, you aren't missing too much by skipping a party every once in a while. Plus, you can just live vicariously through them the next day.

6. You've been wanting to catch up on your favorite series.

popcorn eating

Whether there's a movie you've been dying to watch or a book you've wanted to read forever, take the time to do it! Your night doesn't have to be wasted by just staring at a blank wall. You can do a ton of things that you enjoy.

7. You can get some real stuff done

productive

Whether there are piles of laundry you need to catch up on or you want to do a class at the gym, you can do things that will really make you feel productive. For me, productivity is the key to not feeling like I've wasted my night, so I'm always trying to find things to do. As long as I get some alone time, it doesn't really matter what I'm doing.

8. Your friends still love you

love you

Even your most extroverted friends still love you. They might give you a hard time every once in a while when you want to stay in, but your true friends will accept you for who you are and push you to go out when they sense that it's right. You will have plenty of time to make memories with them, so don't let one night convince you otherwise. They're your friends for a reason!