I'm The Girl With A Bunch Of Guy Friends And No, It's Not Weird
Friendships

There is nothing wrong with being the girl who's friends with guys.

290

Everyone finds their peace in who their friends are different. For some girls, it's their girl gang of two, others it's 26... and for some it's the entire football team. Although in high school this was frowned upon, in college... it's just another thing.

1. No, I don't have a crush on any of them.

Alright this might not entirely be true all the time, but generally... these guys are beating me up like their my brothers, the LAST thing I want is to be into them like that.

In reality, a lot of girls tend to cling to guys because they find themselves feeling more secure and less drama involved than with other girls.

2. This doesn't mean I don't have girlfriends.

Having girlfriends is great. However, there is often drama and annoyance factors that come along with them, for some girls having a small circle of girlfriends and a bigger circle of guy friends is the best way to avoid this drama.

3. No, I'm not "just one of the guys."

Believe me, I'm the girliest girl ever, and I'm still friends with mostly guys. They just treat me different, there's nothing to it.

4. We're great wing women.

Girls speak girl, so what's the best way to get your guy friend to score the hot girl across the bar? Help the conversation.

5. I'm just fine around them.

Seriously, I'm more myself with guys than with girls. Most girls in this situation will say the same. Less. Drama.

6. I'm not a guy whisperer.

Just because I have a close group of guy friends doesn't mean I have some playbook into the minds of men. If anything I know less because I deal with the stupidity on a daily basis.

7. Yes, I get protective of them.

When one of your boys is talking to a new girl, it's extremely likely you'll get jealous. Even if you aren't into him like that, the thought of having a new girl in the group is scary. Is she pretty? Is she nice? Is she crazy?

8. Boundaries are...hard.

You'll slip up, AT LEAST once... maybe more. Trust me, that thins you said you'll never do with him, you will. With that, you'll also just have a weird dynamic and "Is he into me in a different way?" a few times. Are you telling me I look good in a friendly manner? Why are you winking at me from across the room?

9. People will assume you're dating.

You really won't be able to even go to the grocery store without someone assuming you're dating. Just accept that now.

10.  Their girlfriends won't always like you.

It's hard when the new girlfriend is intimidated and looks at you like you're satan. At that moment all you want to do is scream "I"m really glad you and Matt are together!!!" Just let her ease into it, she'll realize that he'll hug her and punch you soon enough.

11. Having that moment of, "eh screw it," and hooking up with them.

You will. At least once. I'm sorry. It's true.