To The Girl Who Wants A Text Back

To The Girl Who Wants A Text Back

Don't feel stupid!

43
To The Girl Who Wants A Text Back

Dear girl who is waiting for that text,

We have to stop looking down at our phone waiting for that text. Just because we sent them a text doesn't mean they are looking at their phones, or maybe they don't feel like talking at that exact moment. That is why we text. If you want a direct response, then dial the number and give them a call. As women we constantly expect the man to answer us just as quickly as we would.

This guy is not ignoring you to be a jerk, or rather on purpose. Him not answering a text message (or a few) has no real correlation to whether or not he wants you.

Want to know why you are actually so heartbroken over a text message? The reason is because you are more curious than anything. This guy not answering your text message makes you feel like an idiot; it makes you feel unwanted, and weird. You wonder if it's something you did wrong. What kills you inside is knowing that you just want something to work out for you. You want to be happy with someone and feel wanted. You have never had something work out for you, so when a guy like this comes around, you tell yourself it will work. This stuff we put into our heads is what kills us ... slowly ... very slowly.

When he doesn't answer you, it makes you feel like he really does not like you at all. You got your hopes up so high when the two of you started talking because it was new. You constantly felt like the two of you were talking and it was going great but then it suddenly died down. Get the fairytale image out of your head.

He could be busy, he could have work to do, he could be watching the Mets game, he could be in the library working on his project, or he could be asleep. He could literally be doing anything, and you have to accept that he is a living person as well and has responsibilities.

I could list you every reason why he may not be answering you, but the real thing is that you have to stop worrying about why he isn't answering you.

Think about the guy that liked you so much -- that you thought you liked at first but then ... he would text your phone so many times in a row until you answered. How annoying was that? The more this person texted you, the further you went from this person. Put yourself in the guys shoes you are texting. You are a college student, you are maybe in a club, or a sorority, we are all busy. Stop being upset and not yourself because of a boy.

It is time to let yourself be happy. Let yourself actually be happy, not a fake happy. It is okay if he doesn't text you back, but it is great if he does. Not getting a text back does not make you a bad person, it also doesn't make him a bad person. Remember that.

Start to let go of the thoughts in your head. The thoughts in your head is what will drive you off the edge. Make yourself happy. Keep yourself busy. Go out on week nights and drink. Go party with people who want to be with you. Live life in the now -- the future will come eventually.