Sorry, I'm The Girl That's Madly In Love This Valentine's Day

I'm the girl you love to hate.

24
quotespics

This actually isn't an apology at all. Yes, I'm the girl that you love to hate. I'm the girl who you get to complain about because I'm happily in love this time of year and you're not. Valentine's Day has become a holiday in which people who aren't lucky enough to have found their person yet (or are going through a recent breakup) like to complain about. As a society, we spend our time sharing memes on Facebook that glorify the "single life", and that portray ideas such as "vodka over boys" as a defense. We do these things instead of appreciating what we already have. Why take a day that was meant for love, and turn it into something bitter? Talk about me all you want because of my sappy love posts on your social media, it won't change how happy I am. I am loved and I'm loved in return. What could be better than that? You may roll your eyes everytime I snapchat a picture of me and my boyfriend, but I'm enjoying every second of what I've been blessed with. Instead of being jealous of what I have, appreciate what Valentines Day actually stands for. You don't have to have a significant other in your life to celebrate love. You have friends, family, and passions you wake up everyday for. Celebrate those, and someday you'll find romantic love for yourself when you're not crying because you don't have it yet. Don't hate me for being in love. And I won't hate you for being independent and strong without a significant other in your life. So instead of sulking in your room this Valentine's Day because you're "forever alone", call up your best friend, your parents, or anyone in your life and thank them for the love they give you everyday.