To the Girl Who Became My Little Sister

To the Girl Who Became My Little Sister

Thank you for always being there.

13
To the Girl Who Became My Little Sister
Done By: Bri Nicole

I have always been the type of girl who had more male friends than female. It wasn't until my mid twenties that I really started to hang out with females more; probably due to my “biological clock" ticking. But, no matter what age I have been, there has only been that one girl. The one girl who was more than my best friend. She became a little sister I never knew I wanted.

See, I grew up with two brothers and I am the youngest. So, I never got to experience what it was like to have a sister. But as we grew together, she became more like family than some of my actual family. I got to experience all the wonders of what it was like to have a sister.

We laugh. We cry. We fight. She borrows my clothes when we go out. I get to do her make up and her hair. We talk trash about boys and anything else we can talk about. We are weird. And she drives me nuts. But, at the end of the day, I could not be more proud to have her in my life.

I saw her grow in high school. I coached her and watched her strive in basketball. I got to see her success and got to celebrate with her. She went through breakups with me. She stood by my side as a single pregnant soon-to-be mother of a son. She has always been the go to. My ride or die. My sister for life.

I don't know what I would do without her.

So, to the girl who became my little sister,

You drive me nuts, but at the end of the day, I would not want to experience this crazy life without you. I would not have been able to get through some of the crazy shit I have gone through. I will always have your back the way you have mine and will forever be grateful to you. My son is so lucky to have such a great auntie like you in his life.

So thank you. Thank you for being you.